🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New message icon color
Page options
pandemiya
Community Member

New message icon color

Did Upwork change anything about the new message icons? The new message icon has been a red circle for a few days now instead of the previous green mark.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Grzegorz,

We continuously fine-tune the platform to make it more convenient and easy to understand. I'll be sure to bring this up with the team. If you have any feedback or suggestions you'd like to share, please feel free to let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, in my humble design opinion, the previous green icons resonated better with the overall portal visually; everything was more consistent in that aspect. The red color and the smaller icon are a visible standout, but I think I have too strong alarm vibes associated with it.

Grzegorz M wrote:

Yes, in my humble design opinion, the previous green icons resonated better with the overall portal visually; everything was more consistent in that aspect. The red color and the smaller icon are a visible standout, but I think I have too strong alarm vibes associated with it.

It seems to me that it's red when you get a message, but are not in the message section. If you are, it's green like always. 

Martina P wrote:

Grzegorz M wrote:

It seems to me that it's red when you get a message, but are not in the message section. If you are, it's green like always. 

Yes, it's always been that way. It's green when you're on your messages page, but when you're loitering on the Upwork Community page it appears as a red icon.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members