🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature Request: Blacklisting Certain Skills
Page options
da7717e9
Community Member

Feature Request: Blacklisting Certain Skills

Hi everyone! My field of work is a quite interdiciplinary area, it's Marketing Analytics. This has been causing me to downvote a lot of job postings by flagging them "Just not interested" or "Doesn't match skills", such as SEO listings. However, some of these postings also include tools like Google Analytics that I'm using in my everyday life in the skills tags. So I thought I'd write a request thread here. (After doing my research I came by another thread & the solution stated that the usual way to go with feature requests was to submit a thread on the forum.)

I think it'd be great if I could blacklist some skills in the skills and expertise area of my profile. That way I'd see more relevant listings without possibly affecting the algorithm by downvoting some job postings and also, clients looking for a PPC expert or SEO expert wouldn't get me listed on their SERP. This might also be useful for those times when we feel like we don't want to spend more time on some tools. For example, I was preparing a lot of Looker Studio dashboards in the previous years & I didn't want to touch it for a while afterwards, possibly as a side effect of a short burnout stage I went through back then. At that time I focused on technical integrations & privacy compliance investigations and it made me feel better about myself.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Dilara,

Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? Feel free to check out this help article and this one too for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nyonomega0
Community Member

The best thing for you would be to search for jobs manually.

You can apply filters to narrow down the projects that match your experience, job duration, rate, and other relevant criteria making it easier to find the best fit for you.

JoanneP

Hi Dilara,

Could you please try adjusting your feed by running searches, applying filters, using the advanced search option, and saving your search to your feed? Feel free to check out this help article and this one too for more information on how you can perform searches, save them to your feed and improve the results you see.

~ Joanne
Upwork
da7717e9
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I am utilizing advanced search features & I've had a few custom feeds. I've recently created a project to learn how many times certain skill tags appeared on my Upwork job feed within the last 72 hours. You can find it here. I went through the documentations again and I've just realized the Skill search feature, I'll use it with the Boolean operators to narrow down my search. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members