🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature request: More fluid UX between Client...
Page options
syawedis
Community Member

Feature request: More fluid UX between Client and Freelancer accounts

I am a freelancer on upwork, but also a client sometimes, and I find it regularly frustrating when I click a link as a freelancer and it sends me to basically an error page on my client profile (or visa versa) because I was "last active" in the browser as my client profile. 

If I have the upwork chat open and click "View Proposal" it makes no sense to send me to my client profile with the error "Sorry, you don't have access to that page" - it should always put me into the right profile from wherever I click.

This is basically my feature request, that when you click a link from within a profile (be it in browser or in upwork chat) that upwork keeps you on the 'right' profile no matter what.

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your suggestion, Nathan. 

I'd have to clarify that this is the case because the two accounts are separate contexts. Still, I understand why this seamless transition between the accounts would benefit users who have client, freelancer, and agency accounts on Upwork. 

I have noted both of your suggestions, and I will share them with the team for their consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork
syawedis
Community Member

So I just tested and I should clarify the specific problem > It's only when you click a link from within the Upwork Chat App that this happen. 

If I click on a link from the Upwork Chat App from my freelancer profile (View Contract, View Proposal), and the last browser i had open was the client profile, then I am sent to my Client profile, and then I get the error "You dont have access to this page". 

It's not a major issue, but it's happened enough times to become really frustrating any time it continues to happen. The good news is, since navigating within the browser works properly, then I'm sure there's a simple string you could add to links within the Upwork Chat App

Everything works fine from different browser tabs though, that part I was mistaken about 

syawedis
Community Member

Hi Avery, I just rememebered another fluidity issue.

If you are in your Client profile (in browser) and click on an Job Invite through the notifications (or anyt notification from your Freelancer profile), you will land on the same "You do not have access to the page" 

So you would have to manually switch to your Freelancer profile and find the invite again.

It seems like unecessary extra steps. Clicking any notification should take you to the right place and not give you an access error, imo.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members