Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 66

I just spent 20 minutes with chat trying to explain my feedback on one of my  jobs disappearred and the job itself disappeared off the list of jobs on my profile. It is in my contracts and I gave the rep my contract numbers. My client ended a contract yesterday and gave me an increase in pay. I went and gave him feedback this morning and was waiting on his. 

When I went and looked at my profile this afternoon, the two previous contracts I had with this client because of increase in pay as well which the previous had feedback so this would be my third contract started, was gone. I had 7 jobs on my profile showing yesterday and not it shows 6. The one job shows I have worked the correct amount of time for the company but the previous contract that was closed yesterday looks like it was merged with the other closed one and the feedback is gone. I also tried to explain to support that if she looked at the two contracts when I entered feedack this morning that the feedback was completely gone and the feedback I left thsi morning had duplicated itself.

All I got from support was it say "No feedback left" please see my screenshot...

Then I get ask if I can give her a screenshot of the feedback. Well I didn't take a screenshot of the feedback that was there previously. (guess  I should have} and that is what i was trying to tell her is that the feedback was missing.

Finally I get told she will send it to engineering. This is frustrating. My profile is not showing the job nor the feedback... I am really upset over this. 

I am a victim I guess of another bug but it sucks.

rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
2 of 66

Dont worry Suzanne. This happend to me as well before.
In my case the rating calculation was wrong! And a job was missing from my profile. At the end they correct it.

I myself am a software engineer so it is easy for me to spot bugs. I got the support staff to escalate the issue to the engineering. At the end it took couple of days but got it fixed.
Since then I have started to take screenshot of my profile every week. Smiley Indifferent

As your ticket has already been escalated to the engineering you should not be worried.

suznee
Community Guru
3 of 66

Well she told me she was going to send it to engineering, but when I read the end of the transcript she told me we lost connection and please if i got back on chat to refer to the ticket ugh, so not even sure if it is going to engineering.

I ask three times where to give her my screenshots of the duplicate entry.

It is just frustrating as it was my first job and feedback which was a fabulous feedback and it is gone.

The job is gone and it is merged with the second contract and all the feedback gone.

Ugh now I have a 10 minute wait to make sure it is going to engineering. This really really is upseting me

Edited to add 

Suzanne , you have been placed into the Support Queue...

You will be transferred to the first available service representative. There are approximately 4 user(s) ahead of you.

Your approximate wait time is: 9 minutes and 29 seconds.

Please wait here while we connect you.

22 minutes later chat answers.

rahatur
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
4 of 66

You can just create a support ticket and let them know that it is a system bug for sure. Point them to this thread.
Ask them to escalate to the engineering. You do not have to go in to text/voice chat.

suznee
Community Guru
5 of 66

Creating a ticket would be weeks before it was answered or taken care of at all. I have sent tickets in and 2 weeks later find it closed and never answered. Having to open it and ask why it was closed when no one responded. 

I got someone on support and was told it would be merged and looked into by their support team. Whatever that means.

I got upset because I was told but you never had feedback. It was like she didn't even bother to read what I had said about the contract looked like two had been merged, the feedback I gave this morning duplicated itself and my feedback was missing. I get please see screenshot it says you have never received feedback.

I said that is what I am trying to say is there was feedback it is gone now.

It is just frustrating to be treated like an idiot when I get on chat. One of my jobs has been meged into another and all feedback from inital contract is gone. It was the best feedback on my profile and it is gone poof.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
6 of 66

I'm really sorry this happening to you and I can empathize with "be treated like an idiot". Sometimes you get really great people from Support and other times you wonder if someone hacked into oDesk's Support and is trying to make your life miserable. 

Unfortunately I have no advice other than to keep pushing for this - sometimes they hope you'll just drop an issue, but if you persist they'll see that you mean business and will have to deal with your problem eventually. ("Eventually" is not a very reassuring word, I know.) Hopefully a moderator here will escalate the issue for you.

I myself am dealing with a bug where the hours worked on my profile haven't been updating for almost 2 weeks. And apparently the Engineering team is still "working on it" without an estimated fix time.

Good luck.

suznee
Community Guru
7 of 66

Isabelle,

I would like to say your words were reassuring but they weren't. It is just bizzare two contracts are showing on my profile merged all into one which is a good idea as it is the same client but the feedback should have gone with it. 

It just seems like the keep making all these changes and bringing more and more bugs along with them as they make changes. I wish they would make sure things are working right before making the changes because now the freelancers are having things disappear, things not showing up right .. It is just frustrating. I worked hard for the feedback I have and to have it disappear is really aggrevating.

lyambarreau
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
8 of 66

Suzanne, have you looked at your achived contracts? When you click a job once it's ended, it shows the feedback you left and the client left instantly. If it's there, it should soon on be your profile. If not, then I have no idea :9

suznee
Community Guru
9 of 66

Lyam,

Both contracts are in my account but that is not the problem. When I added feedback to a closed contract this morning it duplicated it on my old one which already had feedback and somehow two old contracts (same client) were merged and my feedback gone and now both have only no feedback given from client and both are showing the same exact feedback from me which is what I posted to the contract closed yesterday.

It shows in my account two separate contracts, it is just not showing the one (which was my very first job) and had feedback on it. The feedback is completely gone

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
10 of 66

Hi Suzanne,

I looked at your ticket with Customer Support and see they did end the conversation with you over chat and confirmed they'll get he issue escalated to our Engineering and Technical teams for update.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS