Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from Client Issue

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
11 of 16

One suggestions is to show them how to leave feedback and let them know it will only take a minute of their time, and you would really appreciate it. Tell them you will also leave them excellent feedback too. I show clients how to leave feedback by sending them the help link from Upworks on how to do it. 

How to end the contract: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062178-How-do-I-end-a-contract-

How to leave feedback: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-How-and-when-can-I-leave-feedback-on-a-contra...

This has worked for me, and sometimes they still don't leave feedback. Unfortuately, you can't always get them to do it. I definitely think it shouldn't be a part of the JSS system. I agree that it seems unprofessional to request feedback, but if asked in a proper way without asking too much, it seems fine to me and it doesn't hurt anyone. I hope that helps. 

Ensure that the client is the one closing the contract as well so that it gets done. 

rbaiswar
Rahul B Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
12 of 16

This seems the best response for me it simple and to the point. However, I have lodged a request in upwork to make this process more visible to the clients and they have responded in positive.

Thanks for this suggestion

cher0615
Cheryl N Member Since: Jun 26, 2017
13 of 16

I am having the same problem. I had my 1st client and really need feedback to get started with more freelance jobs. I finished the work and he is happy with it. He closed the contract and has been trying to leave feedback. We have been communicating through his personal email. He wants to leave positive feedback. That's why I know he is unable to do that or leave a rating.

Please help! It's important that I recieve this feedback! Is it possible you can contact him to do this? This is for the "Close Enuf Promo" project. Thanks.

Cheryl Nysse

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 16

re: "He closed the contract and has been trying to leave feedback."

Cheryl:

We know of no way for a client to close the contract without leaving feedback.

It IS possible for a client to not leave a custom-written note.

But a client MUST leave "feedback," if by "feedback" we include clicking on the star ratings for various characteristics, such as "availability" and "communications" and "skills."

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
15 of 16

Cheryl,

If you didn't leave feedback for the client, his won't be visible.

Go to your ended contracts list to confirm that the contract is closed and whether it is waiting for your input.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS