cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees for DHL

gjei_slate
Gilfa Joy S Member Since: May 24, 2016
1 of 6

One posting I responded to sent me a link to fill up for the online job.

I am concerned regarding this statement:

"After reviewing your data, and your acceptance in the work we will send to you a visa card to receive on it your salary and you can withdraw your money from it by any ATM machine in your country have the label of Master card on it, we will shipping this visa by courier (DHL) to your registered address it takes five working days to receive it by the DHL and you will pay the fees of DHL first (8$) and then we will refund you this payment once we activate the account ."

Client had not verified his Payment Method so I'm having second thoughts about agreeing to spend $8 without knowing if I would be hire or not.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

This is a scam.  

Don't agree to payment off the platform and don't start work without a contract.

You can flag the job post and send a report and screenshots of your conversation to Customer Service.

View solution in original post

gjei_slate
3 of 6

Thank you

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 6

Gilfa, you do what they tell you, and you will lose $8 and you will be kicked out of Upwork. OR, instead you will take a screenshot of this message you received and report it to Support. And never, ever accept any job offer with a payment method out of Upwork, even if they say they have an agreement with Upwork for their payment method, because that's a lie like everything else they say.

5 of 6

Thank you.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

I wonder if this is related to what happened a couple days ago http://www.bdlive.co.za/business/financial/2016/05/23/standard-bank-confirms-it-has-been-target-of-f...

One of my clients is having me write about it. It's interesting. Apparently there are a lot of south african CC numbers floating around the dark web.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS