cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File attachments at initial stage of project

Community Leader
Richard H Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
1 of 5

I've noticed several times in client's description of their project that they indicate they uploaded several files but only one is shown and available for us freelancers to open. Also in that initial bit submittal I've tried to upload several files and it simply overwrote the previous file.  I now zip multiple files into one file to prevent that problem when submitting bids.

Once we are hired I have no problems uploading multiple files.

Is the one file limitation in the initial stage intended or is something not working right? 

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

They allow only one file for an application for some odd reason or other. It is not you. It is just the system.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 5

It has always been like this (well, since I joined), and many of us have asked for this to be changed. I wish at least, we could see the name of the file, especially when sending a proposal.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
4 of 5

Workaround aka Solutions:

1. Prepare a FOLDER with all the files you want to send the prospective client. Make sure your name is part of the file name. Now ZIP the folder. Tada, you can now upload the zip file, which has all the other files inside.

2. Prepare a PDF, and insert / embed your content, videos, etc. Just keep an eye on the file size. I belive Upwork limits these uploads to 25 megs.

Community Leader
Richard H Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
5 of 5

Thanks for clearing that up Irene, Nichola & Pandora.

I can understand there reasoning for the one-file limitation at the initial stage. No money has changed hands at that point so why clutter up HDDs .

I've since used zip files & multi-page PDFs to work around that.

I would hope they put "1 FILE ONLY" in bold red letters next to the add attachment button for the client to see (if they don't already)  

I just like to see ALL the information available before bidding on projects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS