🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Finding Jobs
Page options
senami1
Community Member

Finding Jobs

Hi dear members, recently I have been invited many times and applied also to many jobs but I do not get any new contracts. Are jobs rare in this periode of time ? What can I do to get one? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Yes, I have found this time of year to be slower than others. Clients take vacations in late July and throughout August. Covid might be cancelling alot of vacation plans though, but I have also hit a slow down and chalk it up to the late summer doldroms. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlbp
Community Member

I think the closer a freelancer is to performing an entry-level or easy to offer skill, the more likely it is that they are facing increased competition. Lots of first-time freelancers have entered the market and are likely offering low prices. For freelancers with a long work history, they can distinguish themselves by showing that they have more advanced, proven skills. 

dsmgdesign
Community Member

Yes, I have found this time of year to be slower than others. Clients take vacations in late July and throughout August. Covid might be cancelling alot of vacation plans though, but I have also hit a slow down and chalk it up to the late summer doldroms. 

Thanks for your answer!

ghaffar_basheer
Community Member

Hi freind!

I saw your post about no job. I am facing this same issue. However i have not found job yet.  Did you find job ?

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths