Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: First Bad Review

ahtasam1997
Ahtasam A Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
1 of 18
Hi,
Just needed a piece of advise. So recently, I got my first negative review. The client gave me a 1 star because I refused to take on another project he was suggesting. My JSS was 100% before this. Now it has fallen to 92%. The thing is that the aforementioned job was of only $30 (already refunded) out of my 4K+ earnings. The effect is more than I expected. Now I am contemplating on using the option to remove feedback effect on my JSS as I am a top rated freelancer. Need your suggestions on should I use the option or wait for a right time in the future.
e825750a
Community Leader
Bruno S Member Since: Jan 20, 2021
2 of 18

I think it's better to remove it if you can. If you don't remove it and another person give you the same feedback your score will decrease again. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 18

I would personally not use it until something dropped me below 90%. That's a big loss though so maybe worth it. I would probably hold off and see where I was at after the next update. It's important to get something good in there because if something good drops off again during the next update, then it's likely you'll see another drop.

View solution in original post

ahtasam1997
4 of 18
Yes, thinking the same, I have two active projects, one near completion & second just started. I'll try & get a good review from them to mitigate the effect.
ahtasam1997
5 of 18
Hi Jennifer, so I got a 5 star review after my first bad review. The contract price was $200. However, my rating is same 92% as before. What might be the problem?
gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 18

Ahtasam A wrote:
Hi Jennifer, so I got a 5 star review after my first bad review. The contract price was $200. However, my rating is same 92% as before. What might be the problem?

How long has it been? The JSS updates every two weeks.

ahtasam1997
7 of 18
Yes, 2 weeks passed and today I was expecting a change in rating.
ahtasam1997
8 of 18

Hi Jennifer, so I didn't use the feedback removal option. However, I have completed two different projects with 5 star rating and earnings of around 15 times of the contract with the bad review. However, my rating after the latest update is still 92% (same as before). What more can I do to improve it? I was hoping it to go up after the latest update. 

Your help would be aprreciated.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 18

Ahtasam A wrote:

However, I have completed two different projects with 5 star rating and earnings of around 15 times of the contract with the bad review. However, my rating after the latest update is still 92% (same as before).

It's probably not updated yet. Don't even look at it until evening UTC. It says "updated today's date" around lunchtime UTC, but usually doesn't even start to really update until late afternoon, evening UTC, often people are not updated until late evening.

ahtasam1997
10 of 18
Ok. I'll wait till tomorrow.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS