🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fiverr has a lot better customer support
Page options
61c3fb96
Community Member

Fiverr has a lot better customer support

I just want to point out that fiverr customer support is instant why cant upwork be like that

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG

Hi Jesus, 

You can request help by clicking on the question mark icon located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button to see more support options.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Jesus, 

You can request help by clicking on the question mark icon located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button to see more support options.

It's a pity though that "Data" doesn't work.  I 've just been told to log in. I am logged in.  In helpfulness terms, how different is "Data" from "Bot"? Or is the name change going to be the silver bullet? 

61c3fb96
Community Member

There is no such option. All automated bots, no real people here for support.

re: "There is no such option. All automated bots, no real people here for support."

I am a real person.

All of the participants in the Community Forum, including the Forum Moderators, are real people. Not bots. All of the people who work at Upwork Customer Support are real people, not bots.

If somebody is successful in using Fiverr, that's awesome.

I would say the same about Upwork.

But when I think about it: Are successful Fiverr users and successful Upwork users really very different? Don't they both know how to use the system, at which point Customer Support is not so important to them?

I don't doubt that there are specific aspects of customer support provided by other companies which far exceed what one finds with that specific aspect of Upwork's customer service. For example: Upwork does not prominently provide an email address or phone number for contacting Support. And some companies do. That's simply a fact.

Upwork offers live chat, phone, email, Facebook, Twitter, Community Forum, Chat Bot, Support Desk. Those are a lot of different support options.

I think the only fair way to assess Upwork Customer Support is to look at it as a whole, and that includes the support people can receive in the Community Forum.

Taken as a whole, are there companies which offer better Customer Support than Upwork? I'm sure that there are. But what is the business model for those companies? What is their mark-up? What is their revenue model? It may be very different. The company size may be very different.

Are there companies which offer customer support which is not as good as Upwork's? Yes, of course.

There is a no doubt a wide range from "world's best" to "world's worst," and Upwork would be somewhere along that spectrum.

Is it better than Fiverr? I have no idea. For an experienced user, I'm not sure it matters. I never use Upwork Customer Support, but I make money working on Upwork. So how much should I actually care about the quality of the support that Upwork provides to freelancers? If I had my way, I would ask Upwork to spend a LOT LESS EFFORT on providing support to freelancers, and I would ask them to shift that effort over to providing more support to clients.

61c3fb96
Community Member

I need help on simple stuff such as a freelancer charging me and not turning in anywork and canceling my contract. And its impossible to get help. I am offered help via email, and no other options even though I am paying extra for the upwork Plus client 

I believe:

- Upwork should focus on providing support for clients, more so than for freelancers.

- Upwork should provide have excellent customer support for clients.

- Upwork should provide considerably better support for Upwork Plus member.

- If Upwork is not going to provide excellent, highly-available support for Upwork Plus members, then it should not offer Upwork Plus as an option and charge clients for it.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yeah, Fivver is great if you don't mind working for $2 hr. UW is infinitely better when it comes to landing fairly compensated gigs from quality clients.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members