🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Client is missing
Page options
marelvys93
Community Member

Fixed Price Client is missing

Hi, I accepted a fixed price contract. At first, we spoke every day regarding the job instructions, (this job was for $13 h of virtual assistant tasks), he requested by message one tasks and I deliver the requested task, he replied accepting it and giving me more instructions regarding the job. After that, he went totally MIA. I keep texting him and he hasn't replied, is been two weeks seams I spoke with him. The money is in Escrow, should I close the contract?

2 REPLIES 2
jksoftsolution
Community Member

On a fixed-price contractending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. Instead, it is often best to complete your last milestone before you end the contractIf your client fails to respond to your submission, funds will be automatically released after 14 days.

As per article : 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068308-Unresponsive-Clients?flash_digest=fa0d8bdd7b5...

prestonhunter
Community Member

Marelvys:

I do not think there is such a thing as a "fixed-price client who is missing."

Instead, there is:

"A freelancer gets paid without doing any more work."

When I finish a task, I simply use the submit button.

I do NOT send the client a message.

I do NOT send texts or email messages to the client.

I click one button.

And if the client is "MIA" (to use your word), then that is a GOOD THING. Because it means all of the money in escrow will get released to me, and I do not need to make any changes, or answer any questions, or do anything else.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members