cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frauding Clients!

Highlighted
Mira I Member Since: Jun 5, 2014
1 of 5
Guys! What is wrong with Frauding clients !! they are many many here! a client would pop to you a message and tell you that he is looking for the best freelancer, putting down many restrictions and talking so high making you the impression that he is here to pay you million of dollars not some very few dollars in exchange of our experience and many many hours of translating sitting behind P.C. and killing our days doing an extensive work! No, Most of them would ask you for a qualifying test for translation first and after you submit it they would shock you with NO sorry you don`t qualify! This have happened to me utterly everyday! come one guys we are academic!! years and years of studying English! 4 sentences of some article is never a challenge to us to be refused this way! Aha now i must say, it is not a refusal, rather it is them collecting a piece translated by me, another by you and another by him then the article is done for free!!! What about "I will pay you but Odesk doesn`t seem to verify my payment card!" Frauding is taking all shapes!! even by doing legal contract!! who can get this man if he doesn't pay in exchange to your hours that were agreed upon in the contract?!! BIG SHAME really taking advantage of people need to work! I am tired of this freelancing Frauding scam thing!!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 5
Hi Mira, If a client doesn't have a verified payment method, then you shouldn't start working for them. Also, I don't see why they need you to send samples. Your portfolio is there for a purpose, for clients to see your capabilities. Yes, as you say, some clients indeed ask multiple candidates to send samples and then use the samples. They get free work and so there isn't a need to hire anyone.
Highlighted
Parshotam K Member Since: Jan 5, 2015
3 of 5

Yes, you say absolutey right. I have worked for many clients, only some of them paid for my work, others did not pay. Most of the clients give hourly job and get interviews  and change it fixed price job, they take the work of contractor and never pay. So, I reach on a conclusion that in such a way oDesk would become the form of fraudulent persons. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 5

PK wrote in part: "Most of the clients give hourly job and get interviews  and change it fixed price job, they take the work of contractor and never pay."

The answer is simple, don't accept the fixed price job offer!

"Form of fraudulent persons...."? In the situation described, oDesk is not responsible. The client changes their mind about whether they want to hire for an hourly versus a fixed price job. Again, the freelancer has the prerogative to decline the offer of the fixed price job.

Also, here are some posts about resources to help when writing in English:

English Writing Skills - Part 1 http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/English-Writing-Skills/m-p/60114#M21640

English Writing Skills - Part 2 http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/English-Writing-Skills-Part-2/td-p/60267

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5
I went to my doctor. I said, "Doctor, it hurts whenever I bend my arm this way. Is there anything I can do to stop this pain?"

He said, "Yes. Stop bending your arm like that. That'll be thirty-five dollars."
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS