🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freelance Course - Would you be intereste...
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

Freelance Course - Would you be interested?

Hey Everyone,

I have been thinking about building a course, basically, I have helped 100+ people on here so far and my goal is 1,000 in 2023 but I have realized that a lot of the questions are the same and the theme follows a similiar direction:

1. Choosing Niche

2. Profile

3. Market Research (search upwork, keywords, etc)

4. Proposal

5. Client Communication

6. etc

I know their are a LOT of courses out there now and Upwork has a lot of material. What do you all think?

130 REPLIES 130

Mr S wrote:

I want to learn please enroll me

my email

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You must delete your mail. Contact sharing is not allowed.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Samer, 

Thanks for sharing your idea about creating a course. I understand the need to consolidate advice and information you'd like to share with others in one place where it would be easy to find and navigate.

There are already a few opportunities to do that in this Community. We have a contributor program in the Community blog that allows members to share their advice and expertise in an article and possibly reach a larger audience. We also have Community Groups, so if you're interested in using a group setting to share your knowledge and interact with those who reached out to you for help, feel free to complete this form. I've also shared your post with our Academy team. They work on creating courses here in the Upwork Community and may want to hear more about what you have in mind for a course or learning path. 

Finally, I would like to note that while asking for feedback, networking and exploring opportunities to further help others by sharing information is welcome in this Community, advertising a paid product or service isn't allowed by the Community Guidelines. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hey Valeria,

That is great. I am working on a few blog posts which I will be submitting soon to the blog team. I also worked closely with Will to help with the last webinar. Thank You for the details above! Also, My goal was to give the product away for free and If I ever wanted to have a paid product (never thought about it), I would donate all the funds. So for now, it was more about getting feedback from the community if the current content out there is strong enough or more needs to be added. Thank You for the feedback! I appreciate it!

virtualbrix
Community Member

I already have a few blogs and other content pieces that I will contribute to the Upwork Blog and some additional webinars. Good Luck everyone. We can all agree at this point that we stick with the forums / blogs / community. Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year

virtualbrix
Community Member

I agree. I think before asking for help. you should do the obvious:

1. read all the rules / terms.

2. check all of the courses / articles / blogs / articles on upwork

3. complete your profile

4. look at what others are doing on upwork, do some researches

5. do some searches for jobs using some keywords for your niche

6. land a couple small jobs / do a great job

7. build a history and reviews

8. keep learning...

45f7da13
Community Member

Hello Mr B ,I am new on Upwork is the any course I can take before I can start look for project's.

Thank You!

yes

Great. Good Luck!

I would say,

1. make sure your profile is complete

2. study what other freelancers are doing in your niche

3. research keywords that you can search for for your niche (ppc, seo, psd to html, etc)

4. submit proposals

5. focus on smaller jobs at the start.

6. do a great job and work hard on projects

7. continue to work hard and upskill, things are chaging quickly

8. do not listen to anyone negative, it takes time, hard work, and a lot of dedication.

Also the post below that Jonathan linked to will help you : )

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members