🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancing Advice
Page options
3bafc3a0
Community Member

Freelancing Advice

Does Upwork offer any feature that allows us to teach the services I am offering? What is the policy of Upwork in this scenario?

Recently, I have been approached by various clients who asked me to conduct their analyses during sessions. I felt that it surpassed the feature of consultation and would cause me problems in finding the real work later. Would someone guide on it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Does Upwork offer any feature that allows us to teach the services I am offering? What is the policy of Upwork in this scenario?

If you are referring to the provision of information to a client prior to a contract, no--Upwork does not have a feature that allows that.

A client should be able to gather enough information from your profile to make a decision on hiring you. If they want further information or analyses through a consultation or session, they should setup a contract and engage you that way.

Speaking of consultations: since you are Top-Rated, aren't you allowed to Offer Consultations? If so, you should setup a few 30-min or 1-hour consultations, and direct clients to those.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

If you are referring to the provision of information to a client prior to a contract, no--Upwork does not have a feature that allows that.

A client should be able to gather enough information from your profile to make a decision on hiring you. If they want further information or analyses through a consultation or session, they should setup a contract and engage you that way.

Speaking of consultations: since you are Top-Rated, aren't you allowed to Offer Consultations? If so, you should setup a few 30-min or 1-hour consultations, and direct clients to those.

3bafc3a0
Community Member

Thanks for your quick advice. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members