🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Frustration with Upwork's Mobile App (Android...
Page options
Sazu B Community Member

Frustration with Upwork's Mobile App (Android)

The Desktop app of Upwork is perfect it instantly gives notifications when clients message but why the mobile app is so messed up? Sometimes it doesn't even load messages in the mobile app, It sends push notifications 3-4 hours late and sometimes It completely forgets to send notifications.

Why this is happening? I have optimized the app completely (gave all the permission, unchecked battery optimization). I even changed my phone to see whats the issue was but nothing changed.

Today I just lost a good returning client. man! this is so frustrating!! 

3 REPLIES 3
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Sazu,

We certainly understand your frustration and the importance of your mobile app's push notifications features, which help keep you informed about what’s happening in your projects. Please know that certain Android device manufacturers customize their operating systems (known as stock ROMs), which changes the way notifications are received.

When the app is cleared on such a device, the app and its background services are typically reset. This will disable push notifications. For more step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot your mobile app, please check this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sazu B Community Member

the question is that WhatsApp, messenger, and other messaging apps work perfectly but the upwork doesn't work like that even the Fiverr app works perfectly 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sazu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while using the Upwork Mobile App. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared by Arjay above and let us know if that helps? 

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members