Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gender specification on a job

p_blondbueno
Community Leader
Patricia B Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
1 of 4

I've come across this job post where they are searching for a "Female Affiliate Manager". I understand that if you are a model, a voice-over artist or something similar you need to specify the gender but Affiliate Manager? Is this allowed in upwork? I guess if you are the client you'll hire a female anyway if that's what you are looking for but it just doesn't sound right that somebody will prefer a gender over qualifications for a job.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Patricia,

You can send me the job posting link via PM and our team will review it. 

~ Goran
Upwork
amysimmonds
Amy S Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 4

I flagged one almost a week ago and it's still up... why is this being permitted? Even if gender is specific to a handful of project titles (say, a job for a "Female-targeted Fashion Magazine"), jobs that are outside of acting/voice acting should automatically be reviewed if they include "male" or "female". It's horrendous that someone thinks you can't design a feminine or masculine-looking product without identifying as such.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Amy,

I wasn't able to find a job you're referring to. If you still have access to it, could you please click on my name here and send me a link to it in a private message? I'd like to check and follow up with the team on your flag. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS