🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Genuine Freelancers' concern
Page options
netramvtech
Community Member

Genuine Freelancers' concern

After the minimum required connects increased to 8/12/mostly 16 per job, 

as per the Freelancer Plus plan we are getting 80 connects per month

Which turns out Freelancer plus member can apply to only 5 jobs and that also without any boost and for a month

He/She is required to buy connects to apply to new jobs

I can understand that Upwork is also doing Business as us but I want to put light on one thing which waste freelancers' money(connects) - "Not serious clients"

I have observed many of the jobs are posted but client never hire any one for more than a month and sometime not even interviewing anyone 

So my humble request to Upwork that please do something for this topic and atleast return the connects of freelancers who applied for that specific job post 

Even well reputed clients also does this- I understand that sometimes they get busy but there must be timeline after that Job will be closed and connects should be return to the freelancers who applied to same

Or Upwork should ask for some initial fee to Client who wants to post Job so we can assure that only Genuine client posting the job

Regards,
Krutik

11 REPLIES 11
sandipbhadaniya
Community Member

Hi, Krutik

You are right my brother most freelancers suffer from this issue. So for the last two months, I have been waiting for old clients and have not applied for other jobs. Let the problem be solved from the upwork side. And do not waste valuable connections for 10$ or 20$. Always use connects on up to 200$ jobs.

netramvtech
Community Member

Right this issue need to be solved from upwork side
As you said, you are waiting for old client 

This means it affected your business being a Genuine freelancer

I hope Upwork members look into this as soon as possible otherwise Genuine peoples' business will get affected and their trust on Upwork goes down

BTW is there any other way then community, where we can directly raise this concern so this topic will be get highlighted to Upwork?

Hello,

70% of profiles on Upwork are zero dollars earned and not active from the last 2 years. So upwork has to remove these profiles and focus on the rest of the freelancers so it becomes very easy to manage.

I feel from the last 15 days that some care and attention is given to the top-rated freelancers. I have received a lot of support from Upwork in the last 15 days, They checked my portfolio and they will provide me a graphic design certificate soon.

netramvtech
Community Member

Great to know that Sandip

I am not saying Upwork is not doing anything about freelancers 

Its just that I observe this issue and want to request Upwork to do something about it

Being a Top rated Plus freelancer, if I am facing this issue then others with not having any badges will be totally get discouraged about The Upwork

mrscrobinson
Community Member

So true ! In the past week, I have applied for 2 x 16-connects job and 1 x 8 connects and those clients haven't even been on the platform for this whole time 😞 This is really unfair as I now have to carefully consider which jobs I am applying for when my connects were wasted on clients who are not actually looking for someone. 

I really need UpWork to do something about this. I think a deadline would make sense : if the client hasn't interviewed or hired in 15 days, then connects should be returned. 

It's quite unnecessary for a client to visit the job posting to monitor their options.

netramvtech
Community Member

Can someone from Upwork please check on this issue?

Someone makes a post like yours at least ten times every day. Upwork isn't interested in returning your connects because they're making a lot of money from selling connects now. All you can do is raise your prices to cover the increased expense, or bid more strategically (i.e. bid on fewer projects, but ensure that you're a perfect fit).

Also because too many connects in the hands of freelancers leads to the exodus of good clients.

ecc00a06
Community Member

Agree on this!
We all know increasing connects required to apply a job is a part of two things
1-Upwork can boost some gain
2-To low the competition. No offence or anything on both two parts.

However All (Most of) Rules come to the freelancers. We all know there are a bunch of people playing games with upwork.
But There should be something for clients too. Always job post being archived. we never get our connects while the clients (Who do not do any activity on the job post) lose nothing.

This is bit unfair I think someone will consider this someday.
As the thread opener says a initial payment for clients will work. Because there are lot of scam job posts. But some freelancers lose connects on them While the fake job posting people cost nothing.

We know Upwork guys are going to make money and also have a good marketplace. 
Actually, this is better than others. How ever I always think every steps must not taken for the freelancers.

bobafett999
Community Member

Krutik,

My 2 cents.  You have built a solid work history, your skills are in high demand.  Raise your prices.  You will make more money and as a bonus many cheapo buyers won't bother you.

Good luck

Upwork isn't interested in your welfare.  They are not going to do things that will reduce their income

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members