🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Who is having problems with keyboard activity...
Page options
tlsanders
Community Member

Who is having problems with keyboard activity?

In the past couple of months, there have been an unusual number of freelancers reporting being suspended or not getting paid due to incredibly high keyboard activity. A couple have even reported seeing these excessively high rates on their own, when they aren't facing any consequences and have no incentive to lie. 

I don't use the time tracker, so this isn't affecting me. But, it seems like a pattern is emerging that says something isn't working right. How many of you have had issues with your keyboard actions/minute being absurdly high/out of sync with what you're doing? 

8 REPLIES 8
antonynaude
Community Member

Hi Tiffiny,

I read about this last week, and I am currently busy with a large dataset of +55K and I am busy srolling through a list looking for invalid characters and issues, I just checked my keboard count and I seem to be doing 200 to 500 keyboard actions per minutes, yet I am basically just tapping to up and down arrows to scroll through the data. its seems awfully high for basically just scrolling.

Wow. I'm often reading with the tracker on, and I have to make a point of taping the keyboard once in a while so it looks like I haven't left for the day. I'd hate to learn what my keyboard activity looks like.

Check your workdiary. Activity there.

I'm guessing it's somewhere around 0.2 to 0.5 actions per minute (if I remember to tap). No one's called me on it, so I guess there's not much reason to look. 

Sometimes I just like to sit and think about things. I guess that's what "manual time" is for (though that seems a little oxymoronic for the just-sitting-and-thinking use case).

I don't usually use the time tracker, but I'm starting a small hourly job today and I'm going to turn it on while I'm reading the materials to see how it counts scrolling through several pages.

yofazza
Community Member

The 3k taps per minute is most likely a glitch that requires some specific circumstances in the freelancer's computer. I agree it's most likely an error, even an autoclicker shouldn't produce that many taps in a minute.

Even if a key is stuck like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it will only record less than 2k per minute.

It must be specific to something broader than one person's computer, though, because it has been cropping up frequently lately. 

People report different numbers. I'm not sure the other topic is about the tracker.

I'll try to help keep this topic relevant by posting. Everyone needs to look at this and make their problems known.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members