🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting a non-funded milestone, funded
Page options
nathanramos
Community Member

Getting a non-funded milestone, funded

Greetings all, I recently helped a client that was brand new to UpWork and it was a very pleasant experience. She had a little troubled setting up the payment milestones but eventually figured it out and funded the first of two milestones. After the job was complete I sent her the finished work even though the second milestone was not funded yet (I know, I know but I choose to trust). 

Now the job is technically done and my client has not stopped communication and is showing active attempts to get me paid but just cant seem to figure it out. Including sending me screens of her blanked out "Fund Milestone" button. I have zoom called with this client and I am not feeling any sort of reluctance or scam vibes from her unless im missing something. I am hoping someone here might have some insite on how I can help get it funded or explain to me how to explain to her how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cheeley18
Community Member

Hi Nathan,

I think you should tell her to contact UW Support team. My client used to face this issue. Her account used to be able to fund milestone, but after a few months, her manager changed her account's permission level, making her not being able to fund anymore. So I think it's best to contact UW Support team for assistance. I hope you'll soon get your payment!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cheeley18
Community Member

Hi Nathan,

I think you should tell her to contact UW Support team. My client used to face this issue. Her account used to be able to fund milestone, but after a few months, her manager changed her account's permission level, making her not being able to fund anymore. So I think it's best to contact UW Support team for assistance. I hope you'll soon get your payment!

yofazza
Community Member

You can ask her to pay a bonus instead, much simpler.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

The client can't fund a milestone if the project is closed. Tell her to pay you as a bonus instead, as Radia suggested.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members