🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting logged out everytime I close the brow...
Page options
gnyasha
Community Member

Getting logged out everytime I close the browser (Firefox)

Good day team, I have a problem that I'm being logged out everytime I turn off the browser since last week. Has anyone else ever faced the problem using Firefox Mozilla.

I tried Firefox troubleshooting, clearing cookies, but its not working at the moment. Other sites are working fine. I could have ticked the "keep me logged in" button but it's not present currently.

Chrome seems to be working fine.

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Goodson,

Firefox has an option in it's Settings where it will delete the cookies after the browser is closed. Could you check if you have enabled this by going to Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having same issue and I checked mine but still its getting logged out after closing the browser.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mahbub,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi @Goran.

Thanks for the information. My Cookies and Site Data on Firefox are not checked.

Hi Goodson,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

The same thing is happening to me, also in Firefox. I haven't changed any of my settings and I don't delete cookies upon closing the browser. When I signed in it said I'd accessed Upwork from a new browser, which was odd. It's also been happening on the Android app - constant sign-outs so I don't think it's just a Firefox issue.

I usually leave these things to sort themselves out but this has been going on for a few days (in the app), and I've seen a fair bit about the browser issue in the forums with no official explanation of what's going on.

Hi Liz,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this problem. I've just shared that with the team and one of our agents will be following up with you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am facing same issue since a month or so. I have tried everything on my end but all in vain.

I have done clean uninstall of Firefox, cleared the %appdata% folder, all bookmarks, history, cookies. Reset everything today and reinstalled but still facing the same problem.

I am signing in using my gmail when prompted to sign in but don't know why I everytime get logged out after closing Upwork. All the other sites are perfectly fine.

Would you please help in fixing this issue? Didn't find any answer that can support my question.

Many thanks,

Saif

Hi Saif,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
04b3b57d
Community Member

i'm facing same issue, this issue start happening recently.

Hi Ammad,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elle-jh
Community Member

Upwork has been broken since Friday. It's been one thing after another. 

I posted in the thread here that was started then. First of all it was 30 minutes of errors trying to withdraw to my bank.

• Oopsie, there's been an error, please contact support.
  • Try to contact support. Oh dang, we can't connect to support right now. We're so bad.
  • Finally, after clearing cache and logging out/in multiple times, I can get paid.
  • 10 minutes later. Oh, hey! No. We're not letting you save that job! Joke's on you, sucka!
  • Yesterday, random errors and logouts. Clearly, Upwork is on day two of some sort of toddler tantrum.
  • In the last 15 minutes, 3 random errors. Conclusion: Upwork is broken. And probably should be shot and put out of it's misery.

And no, please don't tell me to clear cache and log out/in.

Hi Lezli,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these errors. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
themiled
Community Member

i'm facing same issue, this issue start happening recently.

Hi Miled,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. This means that one of our knowledgeable agents will be in touch with you shortly to provide the help you need. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members