🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Swedish freelancer- need som help
Page options
5a439bc0
Community Member

Swedish freelancer- need som help

Hi!

I'm a freelancer from Sweden and I recently found my way here to Upwork, but I have some questions. I've talked to Skatterverket, but they didn't know alot about Upwork and were not able to provide any good answers. I've just started up as a self-employed person, but I don't know what to fill in the w8 ben, corporate/individual?  And also, about tax and invoice, how does it work with tax and moms when we get paid through Upwork? 

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Click on the "Academy" link at the top of this page and go through all of the materials. If you don't know anything about how to run a business, there's also a lot of information about marketing, bookkeeping etc. available online, and if you don't know how to fill out tax forms, you'll need to hire an accountant and ensure that you're complying with local laws in terms of registering your business. If you have a specific question, feel free to ask in the forum, but don't expect someone to guide you every step of the way - as a freelancer, you're responsible for doing a lot of research and reading before you'll be ready to work here.

celgins
Community Member

Since you are new to Upwork, you should take Christine's advice and go through the courses and materials in the Academy.

Several questions have been asked about the W-8BEN and VAT over the past few years, but it's different depending on your location. You might want to read previous posts on how other freelancers based in Sweden approached the W-8BEN and tax situation. Maybe these will help:

655be748
Community Member

Can I get some help regarding different Technical Support Help.

Hi Faraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members