cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting our connects back!!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 23

Hi Darrin,

We will not be able to share exact number of connects being returned when a job is closed either by Upwork or clients. There are a lot of cases when a job is closed as inappropriate or because of a violation and connects are returned to all the freelancers who applied. Some of such cases have been shared in the Community before. We are going to continue doing it. However, we do not have any immediate plans to change the policy about automatically closing jobs because of inactivity.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
22 of 23

@Valeria K wrote:

We will not be able to share exact number

I don't need an exact number, just some accurate stats that demonstrate the value of the policy.  Like I said, just a percentage measure is enough.

Some of such cases have been shared in the Community before.

Small sample sets of data aren't worth much.  A small number of returns is dwarfed by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Connects that get "spent" on a monthly basis.  All I'm asking is that Upwork back up the value of the policy they keeps pushing forward as a great deal.  If it is, super; share those numbers and we'll all be thankful to know it's working.  If not, just abolish it and acknowledge that once a Connect it used, it is gone.

Thanks.

Misha K Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
23 of 23

Upwork, you're just killing me. I've used all my connects already, have only 1 interview, the rest 50% have declined me, the other 50% have their posters visiting their job ads 24+ hours ago. I'm a starting freelancer here and I'm already sick of you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS