🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Give a refund to client
Page options
13438fd5
Community Member

Give a refund to client

Hi, I got two questions. So my client provided me feedback and it's 3/5 and I do not want it to be displayed on my profile since I am just starting and building my profile and it could affect my proposals to future clients. So my questions are:

1. If I give a refund now for the payment they gave me, will it be automatically removed from my profile?
2. How about the feedback I provided to them, will it also be removed? Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clients can't close a contract without leaving both public and private feedback. Private feedback can't be removed and will affect your JSS whether you give a refund or not, but I agree that you should refund in this case. Be very careful about what jobs you accept from now on and be sure to exceed expectations, since you could end up with a very poor JSS once there are enough contracts to use for the calculation.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
759e32fa

Hi Darla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you can give your client a full refund and the public feedback will be removed from your profile. The same goes for the feedback that you left for them.

To give a refund, kindly go to the contract room and click on "Give a refund" like this screenshot below:

759e32fa_0-1657454433111.png

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for confirming this. I got another question by the way, will my JSS go back to 100% if I do that? 

Hi Darla,

While you can have the public feedback removed by refunding the full amount to the client, please know that they were still asked to leave private feedback and this will still count on your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

I see. Is the private feedback available to them after ending the contract?

**edited**

Hi Darla,

Yes, that is correct and they have 14 days to submit their feedback from the time the contract has ended.

~ AJ
Upwork

Clients can't close a contract without leaving both public and private feedback. Private feedback can't be removed and will affect your JSS whether you give a refund or not, but I agree that you should refund in this case. Be very careful about what jobs you accept from now on and be sure to exceed expectations, since you could end up with a very poor JSS once there are enough contracts to use for the calculation.

Thanks for this detailed explanation. Again, I appreciate it.

I just gave a full refund to a client today to remove their feedback on my profile because I realized that it is not worth keeping that amount with the bad rating they gave me. The refund was completed but their feedback still shows in my profile. How long does it take to be removed? Thanks!

Hi Darla,

Please allow around 24 hours for your profile to update. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I gave a refund to a client (full refund) since I read that it will remove the feedback once you refunded payment for a contract and it has been completed already but the feedback is still on my profile. It's over 24 hours now. Can someone help please? 

Hi Darla,

I've manually generated your profile, you should be seeing the latest information now.

~Andrea
Upwork

re: "I got another question by the way, will my JSS go back to 100% if I do that?"

No.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members