🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Greetings,
Page options
f2053e6d
Community Member

Greetings,

I am new here i will be very happy to get a guide here to improve.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mdbutnayem
Community Member

Hello Sunday, Good Day!

As a new freelancer on Upwork, there are several tips you can follow to increase your chances of getting hired:

1. Create a strong profile: Your profile is your first impression on potential clients, so make sure it showcases your skills, experience, and professionalism. Include a professional profile photo, write a compelling headline and overview, and highlight your relevant skills and experience.

2. Take relevant skill tests: Upwork offers various skill tests that you can take to demonstrate your proficiency in your field. Completing relevant skill tests will make you stand out to potential clients and increase your chances of getting hired.

3. Apply to relevant jobs: Apply only to jobs that are relevant to your skills and experience. Avoid applying to jobs that you're not qualified for, as it will waste your time and the client's time.

4. Write a personalized proposal: When applying for a job, take the time to read the job description carefully and write a personalized proposal that highlights your relevant skills and experience. Be specific and showcase your value proposition to the client.

5. Keep your communication professional: Once you start communicating with a client, make sure you keep your communication professional and responsive. Answer any questions they have promptly and be transparent about your availability, pricing, and delivery timeline.

6. Be flexible and open to feedback: Be flexible and open to feedback from clients. Take their suggestions into consideration and use it to improve your work.

7. Keep learning and improving: Keep learning and improving your skills by taking online courses, reading relevant articles, and practicing your craft. This will help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and improve your chances of getting hired. Have a great day!Thank you
    Nayem

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mdbutnayem
Community Member

Hello Sunday, Good Day!

As a new freelancer on Upwork, there are several tips you can follow to increase your chances of getting hired:

1. Create a strong profile: Your profile is your first impression on potential clients, so make sure it showcases your skills, experience, and professionalism. Include a professional profile photo, write a compelling headline and overview, and highlight your relevant skills and experience.

2. Take relevant skill tests: Upwork offers various skill tests that you can take to demonstrate your proficiency in your field. Completing relevant skill tests will make you stand out to potential clients and increase your chances of getting hired.

3. Apply to relevant jobs: Apply only to jobs that are relevant to your skills and experience. Avoid applying to jobs that you're not qualified for, as it will waste your time and the client's time.

4. Write a personalized proposal: When applying for a job, take the time to read the job description carefully and write a personalized proposal that highlights your relevant skills and experience. Be specific and showcase your value proposition to the client.

5. Keep your communication professional: Once you start communicating with a client, make sure you keep your communication professional and responsive. Answer any questions they have promptly and be transparent about your availability, pricing, and delivery timeline.

6. Be flexible and open to feedback: Be flexible and open to feedback from clients. Take their suggestions into consideration and use it to improve your work.

7. Keep learning and improving: Keep learning and improving your skills by taking online courses, reading relevant articles, and practicing your craft. This will help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and improve your chances of getting hired. Have a great day!Thank you
    Nayem

Thank you very much,I really appreciate.

Dear Nayem, 

Thank you for sharing these instructive and very useful information. 

Best regards 

Thank you somuch

NikolaS

Hello Sunday,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.
~ Nikola
Upwork
b1b315b7
Community Member

Hello every one my name is abdullah .I am a freelancer .i can provide pdf into paper file with hand writing or typing on my laptop.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members