Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to report someone to Upwork but their profile is still up

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
11 of 16

Petra R wrote:

Melanie H wrote:

Okay...call me crazy but some jobs that involve writing about sex could be legitimate. I mean...I have seen jobs on my feed that mention that the subject matter is sexual health. I have also seen jobs for fictional erotica. 

Not.

allowed.

on.

Upwork.

Any type of "adult" stuff is forbidden (whether  it should be or not is a different question, but it is.)

Oh, I see. I just see so many come down my feed. Perhaps someone is reporting them later and they're getting pulled.

Ace Contributor
Yazid M Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
12 of 16

I didn't know too that the erotic stuffs were not allowed. I've seen some job ads where clients ask for a ghost writer who will write the new 50 shades for 90$ and more regularly offers for translations for "men beauty products" where the product is most of the time a "miracle" gel. Thanks for the info. And sorry about what happened to the author of this post.

Tami B Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
13 of 16

I apply to jobs all the time that are contents for blogs. Usually if it is a job that requires specific traits then they say that.

I was completely fine writing about sex, I honestly thought it might be some sort of educational thing and then when it got personal I figured he was a weirdo and the links he gave me to the sites he wanted me to write for were not legit. 

So far Upwork hasn't done anything, he is still messaging me.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
14 of 16

Tami B wrote:

I apply to jobs all the time that are contents for blogs. Usually if it is a job that requires specific traits then they say that.

I was completely fine writing about sex, I honestly thought it might be some sort of educational thing and then when it got personal I figured he was a weirdo and the links he gave me to the sites he wanted me to write for were not legit. 

So far Upwork hasn't done anything, he is still messaging me.

Didn't you block him yet??

Tami B Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
15 of 16

Oh yea I had to. He kept calling me via Upwork!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 16

Clients don't have a profile, but he maybe got a warning. You'd think they'd kill an account like that but who knows. 

Anyway, you can block him from messaging you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS