🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify you...
Page options
f1085b04
Community Member

Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify your ID using NIN?

Once you have NIN slip, you can use it for your ID verification. Just ensure it is well snapped and ensure the name, address on it tally with the ones on your profile.
185 REPLIES 185
28ff6f6b
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I really need an urgent help. Have gotten a notification to verify my identity but my i couldnt capture my NIN aftet following qll the tips. 

Its saying the four corner of the documents cant be found and when i got the option to snap it myself. Its saying my Document is not recognized. 

Please help. Will appreciate if i can get the manual process 

28ff6f6b
Community Member

Hello

I really need an urgent help. Have gotten a notification to verify my identity but my i couldnt capture my NIN aftet following qll the tips. 

Its saying the four corner of the documents cant be found and when i got the option to snap it myself. Its saying my Document is not recognized. 

Please help. Will appreciate if i can get the manual process 

Hi Abdulwadood,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sandyjosh
Community Member

Hello please I need assistance, I'm trying to verify my ID using my NIN slip but it doesn't seem to be working. It just keeps saying make sure the corner are showing and later asks me to take the picture myself but when I do l

Hi Sandy,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, the issue has still not been resolved as the error persists, I really need to verify my ID soon to get my account unsuspended. 

Hi Sandy,

I see that you are actively communicating with the team via your support ticket with them. It would be best for you to continue coordinating with them, as they are the ones who can best assist you with this. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fdde33bb
Community Member

I have tried every single form of National ID Verification but the system keeps rejecting the ID and telling me to try again. What's the problem?

Hi Joseph,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for reaching out.

I got the same response from the verification team. And so I process to use my physical National ID card instead of a screenshot. But the verification was still unsuccessful.

What did I do? Is Upwork no longer accepting National ID Verification?

Hi. I'm am having issues verifying my identity. I am a Nigerian, and the National Identity Slip is a issued as government id, however, upwok has refused to recognize it.

When I submitted my ID for manual review, it was not approved. What can I do

fdde33bb
Community Member

I just had a conversation with an Upwork Support agent and from all indications it seems NIN Slip and NIN Digital ID are no longer valid for verification on Upwork.

Which seems to be the reason why mine was rejected.

Which is the valid ID for verification in Nigeria??🥺😭 

For the past 2 weeks I've been struggling with my Identity Verification on Upwork.

I decided to use my National ID (NIMC) to verify but it was rejected, when I contacted Customer Support they said National ID is not an accepted verification document, that I should use my NIN Slip, which I did, it was again rejected and I was told it was not a valid identification document. Support then told me to use my utility bill or bank statement. My utility bill and bank statements are A4 sizes and will not fit into the ID size of the verification capture. 

Whenever I manage to capture the document I am met with this error (attached). I have tried to contact support but support takes a day to respond and end up giving me automated AI responses (attached ) and ignoring all my questions.

Any help on what to do?

Hi Joseph,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. I see that there's already a support ticket with the team where they are actively communicating with you to assist you with this. Could you please reply to your ticket to share your experience? The team will be getting back to you and continue helping you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

how did you sort this out, please?

fdde33bb
Community Member

Please, I need help with the verification, I only have my NIN Slip and I have been on this for almost a week and i have not been able to get verified. Please I need help. It would take about a year to get a voter's card and I can't wait that long.

65e2683f
Community Member

I have issues using my NIN SLIP TO VERIFY MY ACCOUNT, the address and the name on the NIN slip is the same as the one on my account, what can I do 

65e2683f
Community Member

I'm experiencing issues using my NIN slip to verify my account, it's not verifying, the name and the address on the slip is the same as the one on my account, what can I do 

Hi Ayomide,

I checked your account, and you must ensure you upload your ID and follow the instructions noted here. Please do not crop or touch up the image. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
65e2683f
Community Member

Hi Moderators, please i need some help with my acount, i have used my NIN slip to verify my account, it its not getting approved, please what can i do  

38088f99
Community Member

I also have the same challenge. Nike pls how did you resolve it? I tried snapping it but Upwork couldn't verify it

5cf00d93
Community Member

Hello I have similar issues as the same as other and amm even tired

Here is what I have been encountering and I have a client that wants us to use Upwork for his project so we both are safe.

Issues am facing;

The four corner of your documents cant be found and when the option to capture the document myself its says the document is not recognized.

Please escalate it as soon as possible for manual approval.

Hi Esther,

I encourage you to check out this helpful article for the list of acceptable documents for verification. You will also find more information about the requirements that the document must meet to be accepted. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5cf00d93
Community Member

Hello NikolaS, I have checked the helpful article and I have seen more from third party and I am using Govt issue ID in my country Nigeria and am still getting this issues.

1. The four corner of your documents cant be found.
  2. When the option to capture the document myself its says the document is not recognized.

What else do you suggest I do aside checking helpful article?

Hi Esther,

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persisted. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members