Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a new client to set a job

letizia-farisato
Ace Contributor
Letizia F Member Since: Mar 18, 2012
1 of 7

I would like to help a new client (i.e. that I first will convince to subscribe to Upwork) to set a job in Upwork: something similar to the "new contract" proposal to existing clients, available to top-rated freelancers. Only that - although I am a top-rated freelancer - I never worked with this client before.

I thought that if I could set up a contract for them, with everything ready to be accepted, it could be appealing to them to use Upwork, as they'd feel it a quick and easy process: some offline clients of mine that I tried to bring to Upwork, in fact, told me they fear it can be too complicated, or it could be too time-consuming.

Probably such feature does not exist, but I thought to ask about it as it could be an idea for possible future Upwork improvements :-) and ask for suggestions to the community: maybe somebody has some cool tips to share in order to facilitate a new client to join and hire them in Upwork.

Thank you!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Letizia,

Great timing for posting this question. We are preparing to introduce this very feature on Upwork, which will allow freelancer to directly propose new contracts to clients with whom they already working with.

If your client hasn't hired before on Upwork, I can ask our team to check and update you directly regarding possibly having a 0% service fee applied to your contract with this client. I'll send you a private message soon with more information and instructions you can share with your client.

Untitled
letizia-farisato
Ace Contributor
Letizia F Member Since: Mar 18, 2012
3 of 7

Thank you Vladimir.

Indeed it's not about a "new" contract with a client, but a contract with a "new" client :-)

I would love to receive that information! I'll look forward to it. Thanks!

Cheers.

cesare_decal
Ace Contributor
Cesare D Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Vladimir, 

In the next few days I will start a contract with a brand new client who isn't registered to the platform yet. Is the 0% service fee something that I can take advantage of as well in case I decide to bring him over to Upwork?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 7

@Cesare D wrote:

Hi Vladimir, 

In the next few days I will start a contract with a brand new client who isn't registered to the platform yet. Is the 0% service fee something that I can take advantage of as well in case I decide to bring him over to Upwork?

You need to be top rated for that and have been specifically invited with a special link the client has to use for the special fee to be applied. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Cesare,

Unfortunately, this promotion does entail meeting the requirements Petra shared.

Untitled
cesare_decal
Ace Contributor
Cesare D Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
7 of 7

Got it, great to know. Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS