🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help post about pending payment
Page options
mehedi_14941
Community Member

Help post about pending payment

I have completed only 2 contracts here on Upwork. I am not able to get those 2 contracts' payment worth 320$. All payments from the buyer were 'expense reimbursement payments' which means Upwork knows that I spent for the buyer hence he paid me. So if I am not able to get the fund my loss will be around 130$.

My client's account has been suspended during my contract (as per upwork support). If so how can I understand as Upwork didn't send me an email or notification or anything? Rather I contacted Upwork support and it didn't mention me not working with this specific buyer due to account suspension. I saw the problem by myself with my buyer's account 4 days later after the contract ended.

In app testing/ website testing, it is often asked to check buyers' payment systems from different countries all over the world. So I have to pay for the app/ website and I think Upwork shouldn't count it as a transaction out of the marketplace because my contract was already formed in Upwork including the testing fee. I work in other freelancing marketplaces the same way and they secure my payment.

As I saw this buyer already spent $3.5K total and hired 18 freelancers. And the buyer joined Upwork on May 31, 2023, and got suspended on June 1, 2023, how he was able to hire other freelancers? What Upwork did that time? Will the same thing happen to all freelancers now? 

If the buyer doesn't reply to my message and doesn't fix the problem that happens with the buyer's account so what will happen to me and to my money? I paid for his website payment system because I believed Upwork would secure my payment no matter what the buyer does and help get my payment after the specified time. 

This is how Upwork secures our payments?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You will never received this money. Sorry.

But you have cheap lesson. As you can see Mohamed paid $4000 for same. I hope you will study with it and will never repeat your fault. You can found this and other scam description here, at forum.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
d0d4c1bf
Community Member

I experienced this whole process 6 days ago. Upwork does nothing and says sorry!! what the hell is there?!!! The scammer paid me on Upwork and I already saw the payment in the pending section and the transaction history. So, I transferred the USDT to the scammer. It was 4000 USDT. It isn't my fault. It is Upwork's fault indeed. I would never transfer anyone anything until I had seen that the client paid me on Upwork.

Upwork must afford his fault to prove his trust and credibility. Or at least, a part of the amount we lost.

You broke the TOS. There's nothing to do.

How I broke it, please?!!!!

Tge client made a contract and paid every payment as a bonus. 

Mohamed A wrote:

How I broke it, please?!!!!

Tge client made a contract and paid every payment as a bonus. 

Look at last item of article 3.3 in the Term of Use

You can't use Upwork to:

-request or provide services that primarily concern making purchases on behalf of another, including the purchase of cryptocurrency or NFTs.

https://www.upwork.com/legal#notallowed

Yes, I am a beginner here. But I would never transfer anything to anyone before I got paid on Upwork. As soon as I saw the money in pending, I got confirmed that the money is on Upwork's hand. So, major fault is on Upwork. 

You are not allowed to provide a service that primarily concern making purchases on behalf of another.

The service you offered was to buy USDT on behalf of someone else.

Having received the payment on Upwork is not the issue. The issue is the USDT you bought.

You can concentrate on providing services that requires work, but do not buy anything.

m_terrazas
Community Member

You have two jobs completed, both at an exorbitant rate per hour relative to your $10/hr.
And from what I see in the client history, all the other freelancers hired have done the same thing, an exorbitant price per hour.
How did you add the working hours? Recorded or manual?
Because I'm afraid neither you nor any of the other hires will see any money.

mehedi_14941
Community Member

I am a freelancer on Fiverr. When I work there a buyer deposits his money and Fiverr provides protection for both client and seller. Recently I thought that I should use my talent in other freelancing marketplaces. So I came here on Upwork. When I started working on Upwork then I understood that to get payment from an hourly contract I have to show some work proof. But when I saw my buyer release the payment to Upwork that time I was assured that Upwrok would release my fund soon and I started working on the second contract the same way. 
I didn't even know that Upwork has a desktop app that observes hourly contracts. When I contacted customer support at that time they told me that I have no working record. 
My sadness is if I didn't get paid instead of my work I will not talk about it further. But here I spend money but didn't get anything. I have lost $120. That means a group of scammers target new freelancers and theft their money but Upwork can't do anything. Does it really keep the marketplace safe? Now I am so much depressed because I am a student and I lend that much of money from my friend. Upwrok still showing payment pending notifications so where is my money? As the buyer released the fund now all the liability for the pending payment should be on Upwork.

You will never received this money. Sorry.

But you have cheap lesson. As you can see Mohamed paid $4000 for same. I hope you will study with it and will never repeat your fault. You can found this and other scam description here, at forum.

Blaming Upwork for what is your fault will not help you.
When you created your profile, you ensured that you had read the TOS, which you obviously did not.
You yourself confirm that you had no idea about the time tracker.
You've broken the TOS, twice, you'll be lucky if you keep your profile.
Because of people like you two and the list of hired freelancers, we have a thousand and one rules.
The doubt is, stupidity, ignorance or simply greed?

f4a9345a
Community Member

• I don't know what is happening, I can't give feedback of my just ended contract and also my client gave me bonus since 6 days ago till now the money has not reflect on my Upwork account and I need to buy connects. Both my earns and bonus are not reflecting. Please I need help on these.

Hi Kazeem,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that the feedback is already reflected on your account. In general, the feedback will appear on your profile within 24 hours after the payment is released. 

As for your payment, the invoicing schedule is as follows:

• Week 1 — You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary
  • Week 2 — Your clients receive their invoices on Monday and are given until Friday to review the work
  • Week 3 — Your earnings become available on the following Wednesday

759e32fa_0-1692977930023.png

You may check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members