🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812
8e48e856
Community Member

Hi Support Team,

My friend Mansi is trying to login and sign up with her gmail id **Edited for Community Guidelines**but not able to login it is shwoing the error. Pls find the attached snapshot for the same. need your assistance for the same. She wants to apply for content writer work.

upwork Mansi error.png

Hi Mukul,

We won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Your friend should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
e3ca88db
Community Member

Her account got suspended and when she files an appeal the email says " We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension. However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)." Moreover, she didn't received any email from upwork regarding the account suspension. What should she do?

Hello Upwork and Giorgio, i would like to attach me to this topic. Because this happend also with my co-worker. He tries to file an appeal but also gets the same response. What should he do?

Hi Giorgio,

I'm afraid we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. If your friend needs assistance, she may reach out to support by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
e3ca88db
Community Member

Hi Luiggi. She can't access contact support since she cant open her upwork account. What should she do?

Giorgio, she can still contact support without having to log in by following the steps I shared above. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e3ca88db
Community Member

She already iniated chat with your chatbot. It wasn't really much help sinced it just suggested for her to file an appeal which she already did.

42b52345
Community Member

I work for an agency on Upwork. This morning, the owner of the agency logged in to find that his account was suspended. Crucially, he did NOT receive an email informing him of the suspension or explaining why, not even in his spam folder.

He followed the procedure to submit an appeal, but he immediately received an email saying

“We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.
However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).
If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team.”

So Upwork “disregarded” his appeal, so no one is reviewing his letter explaining why he didn’t break Upwork TOS. Upwork told him to contact Upwork Help, but he can’t do that because you need to log in to contact Upwork Help, and he can’t log in because his account is suspended. And because he never received an email informing him of the suspension, he can’t respond to that email either. That is, he has no way to contact Upwork Support right now.
Therefore, since I’m a member of the agency, I’m writing to ask an Upwork agent to please respond to this situation as soon as possible, please.

Hi Muhammad,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. In addition, if the agency owner needs to contact support directly for assistance, they can do it without having to log in; it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
6fbe10a6
Community Member

I'm writing this on behalf of my brother, he have lost total access of my account. Maybe someone, my relative or friends got access to my mobile and got my password and security answers. Now they already changed everything associated with my account even this mail address. They are now blackmailing me on social site via a fake account for giving them money to access back my account. Here is my account link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01830f50a4ec1f2121

Hi Adebayo,

I understand your brother needs assistance recovering access to his account. We won't be able to discuss the details of another user's account for privacy reasons.

Please advise him to contact support directly for assistance. He should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
93be1950
Community Member

Hey

My Freelance with the name of **Edited for Community Guidelines** his account is suspended first for someone just shared 70,000$ bonus to him in order to tricked him.

now his account is permenantly blocked.

He is a good guy, now there is some earnings available to his account,

So what will be the process of this earnings. will it return to me then i will transfer him, this is his hard work.

he is created ticket but the response from upwork support team is bad. very bad customer servcies.

4 months period gone to this incident.

Already released? If yes then you cannot return it. Freelancer must handle that money himself.

Hi Justin,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
kemunto-nyabuti_
Community Member

Hello, 

My friend accidentally closed his upwork freelancer account while doing some edits. He can't access this forum because he has to login to do so. So he requested my help to reach the upwork support team. 

Please help him in reopening the closed account. 

Let me know what he has to do to have it reopened. 

Thank you!

rajhean
Community Member

Hi!

I have a prospective client who wants to send me an offer. However, they say that they keep getting the message "offer is not active". What does this mean and how can I help my client?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Rajhean,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. You can advise your client to contact our support team directly for assistance. To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b4be75f
Community Member

I'm helping my brother get started on Upwork and he got this email from Upwork:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Here is the photo he had submitted:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

What's the problem? The only thing I can think of is that whoever was reviewing his profile thought his webcam photo didn't look similar enough to his profile photo, but he has a very different haircut now (longer hair) and he took the photo in very different lighting conditions (his dimly-lit bedroom).

How can I escalate this to have the original decision overridden?

Here's his profile for reference, in case it matters:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I see nothing wrong with that photo.

Your brother must contact Upwork himself. Noone will talk with you about brother's account.

Hi Nathan,

We can't discuss the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. You can advise your brother to respond to the notification they received regarding their profile photo; the relevant team will review this and further assist him from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nigeljunio
Community Member

I am writing in behalf of my wife since she cannot log in her account in Upwork. We are trying to login her account and the application asked us regarding a SMS verification code, but we are not receiving any. Can you help us with this ASAP? her email and Upwork account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nigel,

I'm sorry to learn your wife is having trouble with this. We won't be able to discuss the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. You can advise your wife to contact support directly for assistance; she should be able to do so without having to log in. Here's how she can do that:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yakubenkova
Community Member

My husband is faced the problem. He has an Upwork account. When he tries to log in to Upwork, he receives the message:
"We're sorry, your account has been locked because we’ve suspended operations in Russia and Belarus".
But the thing is when he appeals at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/5313574196627-Appealing-an-Account-Suspension with his email, he gets an automatic response that "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended). If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it". But when he's logging in with the email, he gets a message that the account is suspended.
Thus, his appeal is not considered.
Since the account is blocked, he cannot log in to this forum under his account and initiate account unlocking.
Also he tried to contact support team through chat-bot, but it always leads him to appeal form or asks him to log in to Upwork account (which is being blocked) to get real human support.

Please, сould you create support ticket regarding his problem?

His name is Viktor Vorobei. He's got blocked his account in March 2022.
It seems that it has been blocked by mistake, because he doesn't live in Russia nor Belarus.
More over, at least since 2018 he lives in Slovenia, and all his Upwork activity has been from Slovenia since that time.
It can be easyly checked by payment history: the latest payment transfers were made direct to Slovenian bank account from Upwork.

I hope for your help, since this is not a typical situation and Upwork support guides don't describe how to solve it.
There is a contradiction in Upwork database, where his account (email) is listed as suspended (when he logs in) and at the same time as active when he sends the appeal form.

Please, let me know if you need I to share his login email address.

Regards,
Olena V.

Hi Olena,

Thank you for letting us know, and I'm sorry to hear your husband is having trouble accessing his account. While we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons, I notified the team who will be assisting him further and you can rest assured that they'll contact him soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sheryar78
Community Member

Hi Upwork!
I am writing this as my sibling account has been suspended a month ago.
He created this ticket a month ago with the ID#45492123.
They account was suspended because he has more than one account. After knowing that he closes all his duplicate account and the Upwork team asked him that which account he wanted to hold. He reply them with the email of the account which he want to hold.
His financial account is also suspended unfortunately and there are funds in his account which he need to pay his University fee.
He really apologizes and is ready to follow the procedure to make his account active again.
Kindly respond to him. Here is the link to his profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a2f57d9cce4a9513

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~Andrea
Upwork
sheryar78
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

The upwork team asked him to tell the account which he wants to hold and he replied them but he is not getting any response from the support.Can you plz check the ticket ID#45492123 and direct it to the proper team.
It would be a great help!

a691016d
Community Member

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you.

Description of what happened regarding the account: At first, the platform asked for proof of identity, and the account was suspended until the identity was proven. The identity was confirmed with communication with support, and the account was opened until support said that the account had no restrictions.

But at the same time the message arrived from support, the account was blocked again for no reason. A chat was opened with support 10 days ago, but there is no answer yet.

user ID (57aba6cc)

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations. Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.

~Andrea
Upwork
b11fa460
Community Member

My colleague tries to login to upwork (through google), however he gets a security question step, after that he is being asked to reset password and he is not receiveing reset password email (or any other emails from upwork, checked spam and everything). 

I can provide his email, but not sure if I should post his email here in public. 

What should he do? (he cant write a post here as he is locked out of Upwork). 

Thanks! 

check you internet connection sometimes it is the net issue. I experienced that.

Tried many times, switching internet off/on, different browsers and all common solutions. Nothing helps. 

Check your email delete the unnessary mails refresh it.

Didnt help, still not receiving an email from upwork

Hi Pavel,

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague's situation. I'm afraid we won't be able to go into detail on another user's account for privacy reasons. Could you advise him to contact support directly for assistance? He doesn't need to log in; here's how he can do it:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sheryar78
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am using my sibling account as my account is suspended and I have created the tickets but i am not getting the response from the support.

This is my ticket number ID#45492123

As it have been two monthss i have not recieved any update.

My financial account iss also suspended and i have funds that i need to withdraw.

Kindly help me get in touch with the support and i am ready to fulfill any procedure.

This is my profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a2f57d9cce4a9513

Hi Muhammad,

Please know that sharing your account with someone else is not allowed and is considered a serious violation of the Terms of Service. 

While I won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons, I have followed up with the team handling this case, and they've shared an update via the ticket. Kindly refer to it for more information and continue communicating with them through the same. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi LuiggiR!

When you contact the team they asked my sibling to provide documents to verify the identity and he did so and two days ago he recieved the email that your identity is verified but the problem is that it still shows that your financial account is suspended and account is blocked.

Kindly direct it to Team handling the case ass he is facing difficulty in reaching support.

Thanks!

sheryar78
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members