🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
3684d360
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hi, 

I wanted to enquire about 2 profiles under our agency. 

Vinay: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0166f5d5d3aaf50c7e

- JSS disappeared and the Top-Rated badge was removed.

Sathi: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017023e9a95493865a 

- JSS  reduced from 93% to 60% and Top- Rated badge was removed. 

Please let us know the reason and help to resolve it immediately. 

Thanks! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Gokula,

I understand that your colleagues need assistance with their Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
spectralua
Community Member

Noone will share real reason with you, sorry. Only link to ToS with basic info.

But if you know for sure which contract dropped JSS then you can use TopRated perk to remove it. You have 2 week for that after TR gone.

JSS disappearing when account have not enough feedbacks for last 2 years.

LuiggiR

Hi Gokula,

I understand that your colleagues need assistance with their Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi There,
My friend's account was suspended 2 days ago due to ID verification, although he was already verified long ago. However he uploaded the needed documents and still waiting for your reply but still didn't get one after 2 days. He had an on-going contract which was paused and need an urgent solution to get his account back and be able to work on his contract. 
Aprreciate your quick response.
The ticket number of his case is: 47173115

4acba45e
Community Member

Hello.

My mom is not getting response from Upwork Support Center. Upwork blocked his login because someone tried to log in and provided incorrect information pretending to be me. She doesn't recognize the information they provided. She can't login to cummunity that's why I am asking question on her behalf

yassirawad
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for some guidance and support on behalf of a close friend, Ahmed, whose Upwork account was recently and permanently suspended. Despite his efforts to understand and resolve the issue, the responses from Upwork’s support team have been final, stating that the decision will not be reconsidered.

Ahmed has always strived to maintain professionalism and adherence to Upwork's Terms of Service, and this sudden suspension has been both surprising and distressing. He has asked for detailed reasons for the suspension and attempted to appeal, but has not received clarification on the specific violations that led to this decision.

Here is his profile for reference:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

We would greatly appreciate any advice, shared experiences, or steps you might suggest we take in this situation. Also, if anyone has faced a similar situation and successfully navigated it, your insights would be invaluable.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. Any help or direction provided would be greatly appreciated as we try to resolve this matter.

Best regards,

Yassir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

What he did to be banned? More info needed. With current "do not know" is it deadend.

Profile still alive.

Litterly nothing, and they are refusing to provide a details we they permanently susspended him!!

Hi Yassir,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Ok, but why you are refusing to talk to him?? at least we can understand why you susspended him, because this could happen with me as well while I don't understand what violation I did.

I mean I could wakeup a day and find my account suspended like what happened!

117d266d
Community Member

My wife's account is suspended and we can't find any contact option through it.

The account is suspended because the profile photo doesn't meet the requirements.

But the profile is blocked for any edit, so she can't change the photo.

The chat it's just a bot that reply with the photo requirements format and the forum is blocked for suspended accounts. 

How to proceed?

Very silly error to block the very edit you are asking to do.

Thank you.

Henrique

Hi Henrique,

I'm sorry your wife is having trouble updating her profile photo. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. She should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without logging in.

2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
117d266d
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

As I mentioned, the chat just reply with the photo requirements format.

But she can't edit the photo as the 'pencil icon' to edit the photo is blocked.

The chatbot articles are not relevant for the problem.

There isn't a way she can talk to a actually person? Or have the edit photo option unblocked so she can edit?

Thank you

117d266d
Community Member

As I mentioned, the chat just reply with the photo requirements format.

But she can't edit the photo as the 'pencil icon' to edit the photo is blocked.

The chatbot articles are not relevant for the problem.

There isn't a way she can talk to a actually person or have the edit photo option unblocked so she can edit?

Thank you

d9f88883
Community Member

Hey there,

I'm reaching out on behalf of a close family member who has been permanently suspended on Upwork. They are unable to log in to their account or make a post, so I'm doing it on his behalf.

Last year, they attempted to create an account but it was closed because they were in the process of moving to another country. This time, they created a new account with the same name but a different email address. However, due to frequent travel, sudden changes in IP addresses could be causing a security concern, which I understand.

He possesses all the necessary information and legal documents to prove his identity. With over 25 years of experience in the IT industry and relevant degrees to support his expertise, he is a genuine professional.

Can anyone from the Upwork team reply to this so I can get in touch with you?
Thanks for your time.

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

Please advise them to review this article about suspensions. There is a link to submit an appeal toward the bottom of the article.

Cheers,
Mike

They have sent multiple emails concerning this issue, but have not received any explanation for the permanent closure of the account and the refusal to let him appeal.

Thanks for replying!

sorry I did not mean "i" it meant what he told me.

My friend account gmail: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

is being blocked due to the below reason and he is trying very hard to get his payment out

reason from danial:

The issue was that I have a payment from my client on last December year. the amount to withdraw was 119.01$ , I entered the my local bank details for the withdrawal, but I have checked no such amount in PKR came into my account,I ask the community the y prefer me to provide bank statement for all the months, I told them I will provide a week later , I have bank statement, but now I find my account is being blocked what should I do now?

kindly reopen his account to get his payment back as he is suffering from hunger and he received no support from the community 

hammad_60
Community Member

My friend account named Danial Ansari 

gmail: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

is being blocked due to the below reason and he is trying very hard to get his payment out

reason from danial:

The issue was that I have a payment from my client on last December year. the amount to withdraw was 119.01$ , I entered the my local bank details for the withdrawal, but I have checked no such amount in PKR came into my account,I ask the community the y prefer me to provide bank statement for all the months, I told them I will provide a week later , I have bank statement, but now I find my account is being blocked what should I do now?

kindly reopen his account to get his payment back as he is suffering from hunger and he received no support from the community 

Hi Hammad,

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's account and we certainly understand how important it is for him to get this issue resolved in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.

~ Arjay
Upwork
44d5b533
Community Member

A friend is experiencing the same issue and has been prevented from accessing his account. His username is Etefia, A. The platform says it sent a login verification code to the number attached to the profile. But nothing comes in. 

Please help. If you need his email address, I can forward it and you verify through that means?

Thank you.

Hi Elizabeth,

I understand that your friend needs assistance with their Upwork account. Unfortunately, we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in if they can't access their account. 

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.

We strongly encourage everyone to use the chatbot to access support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
44d5b533
Community Member

This didn't work. The bot kept asking him to log in but he can't log in because every time he does, the platform says it has sent a verification code to his number.

Please do something.

mahmoud_talaat
Community Member

Hi There,
My friend's account was suspended because of the verification process although he uploaded the Identity data more than once. Now he's on an on-going contract which was paused due to the suspension and needs an urgent feedback and solution, if you can help please check his ticket number: #47173115

85822d98
Community Member

Hi UpWork
I'm reachng out to discuss a problem which a member of my agency faced with his account. The scenario we have is that someone logged into his client account and changed the primary email and the password as well. Now he's unable to connect to his account and to add a cherry on top the culprit assigned 2 projects to 2 different freelancers, awarded them the project and released the payments as well. The payments were $4000 and $500 to Muhammad Hasan Siddiqui, similarly, $4000 and $400 to Huria Nadeem, he also has around $1200-$1300 in his account in earnings. All this happened over the weekend when he was on a break, and now all his data, clients and earnings are being compromised. Atif checked his account on Monday and came to know what happened. He was smart enough to quickly take screenshots of some valuable screens which can be used to identify the freelancers to whom the projects were awarded. The account's link is this: https://upwork.com/freelancers/atifn12?mp_source=share by the name Atif Nisar Ahmed. He even drafted an email to the UpWork support but no response has yet been received. He's willing to provide any proof of identity needed to get his account back. Please let us know what to do in this scenario to get our account back and how to get those payments back which were released wrongfully. 
Thanks

Hi Syed Mussarat,

I'm sorry to learn about your colleague's account, and we certainly understand how important it is for him to resolve this issue promptly. Unfortunately, we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please encourage him to continue coordinating with the team through the ticket he raised so that they can assist him more efficiently.  

~ Arjay
Upwork
85822d98
Community Member

Hi Arjay
Thanks for replying to me. Atif has already raised a ticket but he got no response there and that was the reason to reach you out here. He has emailed you from the email: **Edited for Community Guidelines** Please look into that or have someone look into this email's query so we can get this issue resolved asap. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members