Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hired but no instructions nor messages from the client

dangananmary
Mary D Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
1 of 5

Great day, fellow freelancers!

I have an issue with a client who hired me a couple of days ago. He had numerous successful contracts with other freelancers and paid a lot in the Upwork platform. Also, his profile was verified and he has received plenty of good feedbacks.

So, here's the dilemma. I had received an offer from him to work on a job. Since the terms were looking great, I accepted the offer. We had no communication prior to he offer, but I accepted it anyway.

After getting hired, I sent a message expressing my gratitude and telling him I was ready to work on the task. Days passed and he did not reply. There was no way for me to know if he had seen my messages, so I patiently waited. Maybe was just busy with his work or any other stuffs.

Only today while I was browsing the find work section, I caught a job post from him. It was 17 hrs ago. I checked the job post and saw that he had hired freelancers after me, who already earned from their jobs hired by him.

What would be the best action to do? Thanks and more power!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Mary,

Please try reaching out to the client again and if you don't receive a response contact Customer Support. Our team will send a message on your behalf to the client and ask them to respond to your messages.

Going forward, please make sure to discuss the job scope, requirements and timeline in detail before accepting an offer, to avoid similar problems.

Untitled

View solution in original post

dangananmary
Mary D Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
3 of 5

Thank you, Vladimir.

As for the scope of the job, it was quite detailed and expounded under the job description. Unfortunately, communication as to the go-signal was the thing I had an issue with. I shall be extra cautious on the next time, though.

Thanks again!

takhtar
Tanvir A Member Since: Jan 25, 2017
4 of 5

Hello, Mary!

I have an exactly same problem that you faced! I am hired recently but clients silent completely! please help me if you have solved your problem and it was not affected on your JSS, and please let me know how upwork team will contact for this regarding on behalf of me?

Thanks!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Tanvir, 

If you accepted the offer and a contract was created, it will be included in your Job Success Score calculation. It's effect will depend on the outcome, the fact if your client leaves private feedback in case no money is paid and the outcome of your other contracts. You can ask Customer Support to send a message to the client on your behalf as explained in my previous message.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS