🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract (Top Rated)
Page options
michelleannosico
Community Member

Hourly Contract (Top Rated)

Hi Upwork Community, 

I just received my Top Rated badge last week and from what I understand I am eligible for faster payout which is funds will only be held for 5 days. 

In the transaction history, the funds that in review is stil being held for 10 days instead of 5 days. I would like to ask how the faster payout will take effect? Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This will apply to the hours of the work week when you received the Top Rated badge.

So as long as your client’s billing method can be charged successfully and they don’t dispute your hours, we will apply their payment to your Upwork account five days earlier than before if you are Top Rated. You can then withdraw the money anytime you prefer by clicking here and choosing “Get Paid Now.”

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
paywell
Community Member

Just guessing here:

It probably depends, when the milestone was confirmed and when you earned your badge.

If the badge came after the milestone confirmation - it is still on the "old" 10-day timer.

It was never 10 days for fixed price, it is always 5. 

759e32fa

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This will apply to the hours of the work week when you received the Top Rated badge.

So as long as your client’s billing method can be charged successfully and they don’t dispute your hours, we will apply their payment to your Upwork account five days earlier than before if you are Top Rated. You can then withdraw the money anytime you prefer by clicking here and choosing “Get Paid Now.”

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, thank you for responding. I received my badge September 7 or 8 which is included in the September 5-11 billing cycle. Which means I can get paid after 10 days (if I'm not a Top rated freelancer). So from my understanding, I will get paid this Friday right? 

Appreciate your response. Thank you

Michelle Ann O wrote:

Hi Annie, thank you for responding. I received my badge September 7 or 8 which is included in the September 5-11 billing cycle. Which means I can get paid after 10 days (if I'm not a Top rated freelancer). So from my understanding, I will get paid this Friday right? 

Appreciate your response. Thank you

If you don't get your money on Friday, then it means the client's payment failed so you rely on payment protection as long as you followed the rules.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members