🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly contract on hold
Page options
31a74009
Community Member

Hourly contract on hold

Hello 

I started a contract with client and i did work as he need.But after recieving invoice he put a refund request of 30 dollars. When i asked him the reason he says i have no fund so please accept refund.

I ignore that refund as he says give me some days i will take loan and give payment.now after 2 days upwork send me email that this contract is on hold stop working on that contract.What should i do as client want me to do work.

Does payment is also on hold that I earn using upwork time tracker as per rule and policy.

Please help what should i do.Does it could effect my job success score.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I started a contract with client and i did work as he need.But after recieving invoice he put a refund request of 30 dollars. When i asked him the reason he says i have no fund so please accept refund"

Well, that's incrediby silly.

Of course clients should never ask for refunds when freelancers actually did the work.

But this is a particularly ridiculous and egregious "reason" for asking for a refund.

Can you imagine going to a restaurant and eating dinner and when the waiter comes with the check, telling him you want the food for free.

The waiter might ask "Why?"

And you answer: "Because I don't have money."

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "now after 2 days upwork send me email that this contract is on hold stop working on that contract.What should i do as client want me to do work."

What should you do?

Why do you need to ask us this question?

Of course you should never again do any work for this client again.

What about my payment of 5 hours , is it also suspended or i will get payment as i did work under upwork hourly protection.

re: "What about my payment of 5 hours , is it also suspended or i will get payment as i did work under upwork hourly protection."

If you followed the rules of Upwork Payment Protection, then you will receive payment for those hours.

It DOES NOT MATTER if the contract is suspended or on hold.

THAT means you can't do any more work. That doesn't mean you won't get paid for the time you already logged properly.

spectralua
Community Member

Stop works until resolved. Do not refund. Time will be covered by protection if you used tracker within rules.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members