🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly contract
Page options
Joanne A Community Member

Hourly contract

Hi,

I have a client and I have been working with him for the past few weeks. I have an hourly contract of 15 hours per week. However, this week I will only be able to do 3 hours and not all of the hours because we have an issue that needs to be solved on the client end and therefore, I cannot work.

Will the client be charged the whole 15 hours this week or will I get any negative rating because I will work only a few hours and not fulfilling my part of the contract?

Thank you in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mario A Community Member

15 hours is the time you can bill, but you can work 5 or 15 depending on the time you need to finish the job. The client will pay the hours that you work.
You´ll get a negative feedback if you don´t send the job in time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jyoti S Community Member

Your client will be billed for the billable hours i.e. based on your actual working hours. If your client has set a limit of 15 hours, it doesn't mean you have to work all those 15 hours. Make a mutual agreement with your client regarding your working hours and tasks.

Mario A Community Member

15 hours is the time you can bill, but you can work 5 or 15 depending on the time you need to finish the job. The client will pay the hours that you work.
You´ll get a negative feedback if you don´t send the job in time.

Joanne A Community Member

Thank you guys for the help!

Akhona M Community Member

Can i ask how do u see your tasks after accepting the contract

Jyoti S Community Member

You should discuss the requirements and tasks list accepting the contract. Make sure to communicate with the client and ask him to put a list of the tasks in the contract offer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members