781dab6e
Community Member

Hourly earning

I need help why this show pendinand when will be credited to my account balance

IMG_1906.png

12 REPLIES 12
spectralua
Community Member

After one week. It is standart security hold.

1cde669b
Community Member

You'll recieve your earnings on the mentioned date which is april 19

yofazza
Community Member

You could tell us about the job, what was the job?

And did you enter 90+ hours manually to get the amount?

when will be credited to my account balance

If you're lucky you'll get it next week. So the work you did last week, is placed in "review period by the client" this week, then it will enter "security period by upwork" before you really get the money. Answering the two questions above will give us more idea about it.

781dab6e
Community Member

The contract is about cryptocurrency exchange I send the client coins 

and the time I add them manually 10 mins times 2 and 1 hour that's 1hour 20 minutes 

I want to ask that the money was it with the Upwork escrow or they didn't even have the money with them?

thanks for your responses 

re: "The contract is about cryptocurrency exchange I send the client coins"

Sorry to hear that.

Probably not going to end well.

😢🤕

what do you mean please explain to me

Your hourly rate on your profile is $10/hr, why did you charge $700/hr?

Manual time is not protected by Upwork, and hourly rate that makes no sense compared to your regular hourly rate is not protected either.

Job consisting in buying things for a client is not allowed. 

The reason we or he change it to 700$/ hour is to meet our trade that's why, anyway thanks very much 🤕

👍

yofazza
Community Member

was it with the Upwork escrow or they didn't even have the money with them?

It's not supposed to be in Upwork's possession right now. It should be, on Saturday this week.

But it doesn't mean Upwork will be able to charge the card.

The client (in most cases, "the real card owner") could also file a chargeback through their bank at anytime later.

Upwork has this "payment protection" thing that they will pay you out from their own pocket if there are problems with client's cards, but you need to follow a set of rules to have it.

You broke some of those rules, so I'm sorry you will not get the crypto back.

It's been happening for years and people have lost interest in it (it has becoming so common).

If this could make you feel better, some people lost thousands of dollars from this scam.

You can read here to know more about other scams.

781dab6e
Community Member

I understand thanks very much 🤕

actually about the rules the Upwork suspended my account but I try reach them and they return my account normally for now I don't have problem of account.

I am new here that's why I don't know that.

Abdurrahman A wrote:

I am new here that's why I don't know that.

Considering this is your second question within a week of setting up  your account on the hourly contract  getting paid for an hourly contract, I really think you need to read up on how the Upwork platform works. Because I guarantee that you will be back to ask additional questions regarding how the Upwork platform works. We are all freelancers here and are willing to help out fellow freelancers however, when the same question is asked over and over again it gets real old, real fast. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdurrahman, 

I would recommend checking out the "Working on Upwork" courses in the Upwork Academy and this article to help you get started on Upwork. These will hopefully help you navigate the website better, and help you familiarize yourself with how to use Upwork. 

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members