🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly payment troubles
Page options
18c9bf78
Community Member

Hourly payment troubles

Hi, I had an hourly contract with my client, he has to pay me 30$ per hour for translation. I translated 4 pages of a magazine from English to two other languages for 7 hours, and I should have get around 235$ for my work. But somehow my client stopped responding to me, his account got suspended and my salary is gone, I don't even have it on transaction history or anywhere else besides "Weekly summary". How can I get paid for my work?

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Yakov,

Thank you for your message. Your logged hours on the Hourly contract are processed as per the weekly billing cycle as long as we are able to successfully charge the client card. You can refer to the Report page to check the status of your earnings.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep

Yes, my payment for 7 hours job is "In Review" status, so basically If I finished my job at Jule 13, I will receive my salary at around August 3, Is that correct?
But what if I already closed the contract, can I still get paid?

Hi Yakov,

The weekly billing period begins on Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends on Sunday at 23:59 UTC, at which point your earnings are In review. Once this review period ends, there is a five-day security period after which your earnings, less Upwork fees, will become Available for withdrawal. You can read more about the weekly billing cycle here.

Regarding your second question. Yes, you should receive funds even if your contract is closed. You may want to check this help article for more information about getting paid for Hourly contracts. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Yakov K wrote:

Hi, I had an hourly contract with my client, he has to pay me 30$ per hour for translation. I translated 4 pages of a magazine from English to two other languages for 7 hours, and I should have get around 235$ for my work. But somehow my client stopped responding to me, his account got suspended and my salary is gone, I don't even have it on transaction history or anywhere else besides "Weekly summary". How can I get paid for my work?

If you used the Timetracker correctly (captures only of your work, enough activity and memos about the work you are doing), you are protected and Upwork will pay for those hours.
Of course, the client had to have the payment method verified and the hours that Upwork covers you will not be at the $30 at which you have done the work, but at your usual price.
All this if I'm not wrong.

m_terrazas_0-1658139546931.png

https://www.upwork.com/legal#escrow-hourly

Hi Maria

Thank you for your response, it made things clear to me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members