🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Age and Verification
Page options
b456a214
Community Member

Age and Verification

Hello, friends. I am a bit underage, but I have a government issued national ID. I am 17 and will turn 18 in late August. If I verify my account with Govt. NID will my account get suspended? Or should I wait? 

FYI, my NID is legal and I am a voter.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't request verification, and you can't get verified if you are not 18. Upwork will ask you to verify once you earn money. 

Don't apply for jobs before you are 18. Spend this time to learn a skill. You will not get jobs telling people you don't have any skills. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't request verification, and you can't get verified if you are not 18. Upwork will ask you to verify once you earn money. 

Don't apply for jobs before you are 18. Spend this time to learn a skill. You will not get jobs telling people you don't have any skills. 

ericaandrews
Community Member

I have to agree 100% with Martina.  Even if you could verify your age on Upwork now, I don't see you being able to land any jobs on here with a profile that says "I don't have any skills".  Clients come onto Upwork looking for specific skills or people that can perform specific tasks.  Client are not on Upwork looking to 'give' somebody a 'chance': They are on the platform to hire for specific work and services.  Having a profile that simply says "I have no skills to offer" is not going to attract clients. Unfortunately, the site is already flooded with people that can do data entry, and since there are data entry freelancers that already have a proven track record on Upwork, you're going to have a very 'uphill' battle trying to get your foot in the door.  There are definitely more data entry freelancers on Upwork than there are data entry jobs available, which makes me wonder why Upwork continues approving new freelancer memberships for skills areas that are already overloaded with freelancers on UW.  Definitely spend this time trying to learn a unique, marketable skill that will attract clients to your profile and allow you to complete in a skill area that isn't already over-saturated with freelancers offering the same thing. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members