🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I report a possible scam?
Page options
cd4ffabe
Community Member

How can I report a possible scam?

Hi everyone! I submitted a proposal but this possible client asked me to work outside of Upwork, to which I replied directly that it was against the platform's guidelines. Then, he asked me to share my WhatsApp data, to which I once again said no, and explained to him that it was against the rules of Upwork for pre-contract discussions. But he keeps insisting and sending me messages, how can I report him? Or even block him?

Thank you,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flag the job and you can block them by clicking on his name in the messages.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flag the job and you can block them by clicking on his name in the messages.

Thank you, Peter. I have also flagged the messages. 

renata101
Community Member

Hi Claudia, 

If you withdraw the proposal, there's a box you can check that says "block client." I'm not sure how well this works.  But if you contact support, this is probably the first thing they'll tell you to do.

Thank you Renata. 

If you're still getting messages, you can try using the green "Get Support" button. I think you can bypass the chatbot to contact a human by typing "contact support" and then following the options. Hopefully, that works and helps you to contact a real person. The last time I tried, I got stuck in a loop with the chatbot.  

Added: Someone posted about contacting support yesterday.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Is-there-a-way-to-contact-an-actual-person-at-Upwork-for...

Typing "contact support" actually works?

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Flag the job listing and move on.  Anything more than that is wasted energy.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members