cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can my client pay doing fixed price project in one contract?

woiownikbuff
Ace Contributor
Aurelian S Member Since: May 19, 2017
1 of 5

Hello,

I have a client that has an ongoing work for me. It's a fixed price project that I do daily. 

The problem is, that it takes him, and me, time to create, accept and pay the job. 

Is there anything like hourly rate, but for fixed projects? 

If, such as getting new milestones. 

Or I'm supposed to go on an hourly rate and then add time manually, meaning one hour one project? 

Isn't there anything better? Apparently, o'Desk or Elance had this function. I'm sure this won't be developed for a long time. 

So what's the best way to do this? Creating new jobs each time will also spam feedback as it's ongoing project with the same job. 

And of course, the job sometimes takes me less or more to complete, so an hourly contract isn't a good choice, as it's too inaccurate - if we are talking about the time counter. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

If you do it daily, have him escrow for a week and release on friday and set up a new milestone for next week. Tell him your turnaround time is dependent on him releasing escrow and funding the next milestone for the week.

woiownikbuff
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

That's a good though. 

However sometimes there is more work, and sometimes less, so there isn't possibly a number that he can put in escow. 

He can, however, set up milestone for the week? 

So if the job has a $50 fixed price, he can ten add e.g. $100 in escrow every week, and pay me that way?

woiownikbuff
Ace Contributor
4 of 5

That's a good though. 

However sometimes there is more work, and sometimes less, so there isn't possibly a number that he can put in escrow. 

He can, however, set up a milestone for the week? 

So if the job has a $50 fixed price, he can ten add e.g. $100 in escrow every week, and pay me that way? in one job. 

So he will make a job, $5, and add new milestones, this week 100, next week 60, in three weeks time 145 etc...

And I will get paid as soon as the milestone will be approved, and it will be in one job post, right.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 5

It sounds like he needs to go hourly or just figure out how to take 3 seconds out of his busy life to escrow more money if he needs more work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS