🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I buy connects using only my card?
Page options
rgs_producer
Community Member

How do I buy connects using only my card?

Hello Fellow Freelancers! Does anyone know if there's a setting so that connects get purchased with my card on file only? As in, I am trying to avoid paying for my connects with my Upwork balance. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Rene Gabriel,

I see that you already have a card on file set as your primary billing method. Please remember that a primary billing method is your default billing method when purchasing Connects or upgrading your membership plan. To change your primary billing method:

1. Go to Settings > Billing & Payments
  2. Choose Set as Primary

You may want to check this help article for more details about how billing methods work.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I already have a card set as my primary billing method. However, whenever I have money in my Upwork balance that hasn't been transferred to my bank account yet, the amount gets pulled from there when I buy connects. I would prefer that it only gets pulled from my card. Is there a setting for this? Thanks.

Hi Rene,

I'm afraid that this is by design and can't be changed. If you have enough balance in your Upwork account, the funds required for the purchase will be pulled from your available balance. If your balance isn't sufficient, then your billing method is charged. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your response and that's good to know. Is there a way to submit feedback to Upwork to change this? This would really help for accounting purposes. Nonetheless, thanks for the support!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members