🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I close/delete my account?
Page options
e037de2a
Community Member

How do I close/delete my account?

Hello. I made a profile on Upwork. When trying to cancel, I get

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
I want to be able to fix it myself without being forced towards a phone number.
Regards, V.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Vikram,

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

462 REPLIES 462
3d225c9c
Community Member

Hi Luiggi.

I was able to close the account.

thank you,

Mark

acdeb861
Community Member

Hi, 

It's been 3 days now and I have been searching for an email or phone number to reach out to you guy but found none. And I have to post my concern on here.

I need a refund for subscription done on my account if that is possible. I also want my account details completely deleted.

Thank you,

Hi Alex,

I am sorry to hear about your decision and the challenges faced while reaching our support team. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
armada987
Community Member

Can someone please close my account for me? 

I don't have any proposals, nor contracts but it doesn't want to get deleted. What should I do? 

Hi Taha,

I'm sorry if you feel that Upwork is not the home for your career. We respect your decision. I can see that you've already requested an account closure, and I can confirm that it's been completed. Thank you for being a part of Upwork. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4f6743dc
Community Member

how can i delete my account permanently

aimenakhtar
Community Member

Hi, I've closed all contracts and the agency and withdrew proposals. However, when closing my account, it says "there are other users in the team." I'm unsure why the problem persist. Can someone please look into this? Thanks!

Hi Aimen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_wallbridge
Community Member

Hello i have signed up many time ago on upwork through freelancer account. But i did not work on it. Now i created an agency and want to bid for jobs as the agency. And i want to cancel my freelancer account and keep using my client account. Thanks you.

Hi Andrew,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page to coordinate and assist you with your account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2ee4f452
Community Member

Help! I seem to have 2 profiles under the same User ID (2ee4f452). It switches between the two (see attached screenshots) but I only want/need the Lucy B profile. I can't delete the Can You Just C version as I have open proposals which are linked to the Lucy B profile. Can anyone advise on a way to resolve this please? 

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
j_hauck
Community Member

I am a freelancer on Upwork. I tried to cancel my account. I am receiving the following error message -

At this time we are unable to close your account.

Our records indicate that there are other users in your team.

When I look at My Teams tab, I am shown 1 specific client as active. The contract is from 2023 and the client never funded a milestone. I was able to successfully end the contract, but this unfunded milestone still shows.
When I try to refund the "client's" $0 payment, the message reads There are no transactions to refund.

Both arguments cannot be right, as the result is a paradox. Just let me cancel my stinking account

Click the above Support link for assistance.

j_hauck
Community Member

I apppreciate the suggestion, but I followed all the steps for cancelling account and/or editing team members. It doesn't work. "Supprt" is a feature in name-only. It's designed for client use, not freelancers. I've followed links that give me no answer and refer me back to where I was. I have to think that. like most platforms, Upwork is more interested in user voume than user experience.

Hi Jim,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry to learn about this experience. We'll have one of our support team members look into your case and assist you further with your account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
56b0a5ce
Community Member

Hi Mahmoud,

I am sorry to learn about your decision. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
223f70a5
Community Member

Like the title says, I accidentally created two accounts. I need help fixing this. I was not on purpose. 

Hi Adam,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
add2bd38
Community Member

Can someone please close my account too? I can't do so because of the following message.

add2bd38_0-1714576909144.png

Hi Elliott,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close your account and for having this error when processing. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
akolkarbhavin
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing to request assistance with closing my Upwork account. I have been inactive on the platform for quite some time, and I believe it's time to formally close my account.

However, when attempting to close my account through the account settings, I encountered an issue stating, "Our records indicate that there are other users in your team." Upon reflection, I suspect this may be due to a previous client creating a team, but as the contract has been closed for a while now, I am unable to connect with the client to resolve this matter.

Given these circumstances, I kindly ask for your guidance on how I can proceed with closing my account despite this obstacle. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members