🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do i get in touch with support regarding ...
Page options
vic3vers4games
Community Member

How do i get in touch with support regarding fraud

Is it me or have they removed any possible way of getting in touch with upwork support on this site? I have a client i believe posted a fraudulent job to commit credit card fraud, after navigating forever i was finally able to find the button to flag the job posting, but id like to actually send an email to upwork to make sure they actually know about it.

3 REPLIES 3
jeff_ware
Community Member

When someone finds out, let everyone know if ANY postings respond back with the email **edited for Community Guidelines** do NOT interact with them.

Here are some chat messages from them:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

And this cheezy, nonsense "demo" video is what they use to show you what you're supposed to do with their documents.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Once "completed", they'll ask you to pay 400 dollars, to "receive" your wages.

You will never receive your wages.  To see if this was legit, I lied, told them I completed the work, and asked for pay, which I didn't expect. They sent a "wire" transfer email, claiming to need my 400 to enroll in their payment "portal". I promptly reported them to the FTC. I also told them it was illegal to require money, to get wages. Haven't heard from them since.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff, 

Thank you for flagging this here. I had to edit your post because we don't allow users to identify other users in an accusation of misconduct. We also don't allow sharing email or chat transcripts. Both violate our Community Guidelines

In the future, please don't hesitate to report suspicious user activity by following the steps outlined here. I double-checked your report and confirm that actions have been taken against the client's account and the job post. Thank you for helping make the Upwork marketplace safe!

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

I think I was able to identify the job post you are referring to. However, it looks like you've proceeded to work on the project, and yet there's no contract for this. Please refrain from working further on this project, especially since you suspect that this client is committing credit card fraud. I will follow up with the team so that they can review this job post further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members