cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you file a complaint??

Highlighted
Soria B Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
1 of 113

Upwork needs WAY better security!!! I wish I knew who to complain to! This site is so full of scammers it's driving me crazy!! Ethier, they want you to message them on GOOGLE HANGOUTS, or SKYPE, or through you EMAIL.  DONT DO IT ITS FAKE THEY WANT YOUR INFO! One guy offered me $300 a week to be his personal assistant, that alone didn't sound right. We started emailing and I wanted to know who this guy was so I checked facebook and found nothing then I caught a glimpse of his google profile photo while sending him an email so I decided to do a reverse image search because if Im going to give you my info you better be who you say you are! Sure enough, that same picture has been used in a TON of different scams!! I feel so sorry for the guy whose actual picture it is (an ARMY sergeant!!) because his identity is getting dragged around bad. Just thought I'd warn my fellow freelancers...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 113

Hi Soria,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. Let me assure you that as long as you're following Upwork ToS, you will avoid almost all known scam schemes. Make sure you're communicating through Upwork, only accept to get paid through the platform, never pay or share your private details, IDs' or login information in order to start working, use Upwork Payment Protection and only start working once you're officially hired on through Upwork and can see a contract on your My Jobs page. Please find more tips in the thread we shared here.

Please pm me the job posts and screenshots of your conversation with the client, along with the profile you mentioned having a fake photo, and I'll make sure we review and take action.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Laurent P Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
3 of 113

Hi, hoping a moderator will find this post, I was proposed a job as data miner in cryptocurrency, the client wanted my BIC and IBAN "to send me money in order to test various transfer solutions". Sure it is a scam. As others are proposed the same job, I think you should check. The client id is **Edited for Community Guidelines** I am not happy to have to post this message, I don't want no problems, so if you can also remove this message, it would be great.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 113

Hi Laurent,

I'll forward your report to the team for further review. We'll let you know if we need more information.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ralph L Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
5 of 113

Hi.

I have a complaint regarding a non-responsive Upwork freelancer who misled me, and wasted my time, affecting my work.

I'm not asking for a refund. nothing was paid. I want to inform Upwork and also the client community. This works on Yelp. I think it should be a process on Upwork. Were there such a system, I might have avoided this frustrating worker and situation.

Thank you.

Ralph

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 113

Hi Ralph,

Sorry to hear about your experience with a Freelancer. I've escalated your report to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly and provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Cleo Ana Rose D Member Since: Sep 4, 2017
7 of 113
Hello,

Where do I file a complaint about me still being charged a 10% Upwork fee when it’s supposed to be 5% by now. Please help.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 113

Hi Cleo, 

I checked your contract and can see that it is now being charged the %5 service fees. All contracts that cross a fee threshold will be charged at a blended rate. For example, if you begin an hourly or fixed-price contract with a new client for $600, you'll be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100.

You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Cleo Ana Rose D Member Since: Sep 4, 2017
9 of 113
How about my past 3 weeks salary? It says 10%.
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 113

Hi Cleo, 

Please know that the 5% fee was applied on the transaction on February 6, where it was charged a blended rate. You passed through the $10,000 threshold on this date. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS