🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How i would know that my payment method have ...
Page options
bilalbutt003
Community Member

How i would know that my payment method have been approved by upwork ?

Hi. Last week I added my local bank for wire transfer. I still have not received any email from Upwork that my payment method has been approved by Upwork or not. 

Also, I am from Pakistan so can I use this wire transfer method? it is showing USD next to Wire transfer so I will get the amount in my local currency or in USD ?? Please guide **Edited for Community Guidelines** me

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal B wrote:

Hi. Last week I added my local bank for wire transfer. I still have not received any email from Upwork that my payment method has been approved by Upwork or not. 

There is no such email. Any newly added withdrawal method automatically becomes active 3 days after you add it.

Bilal B wrote:

Also, I am from Pakistan so can I use this wire transfer method? it is showing USD next to Wire transfer so I will get the amount in my local currency or in USD ??

If you can add it, you can use it. But bear in mind that wire transfer is designed to send the funds in US Dollar to a US Dollar account. It also costs $30 per withdrawal. If you have a US Dollar account and withdraw to that, it's worth the $30 fee from about $700 to $800 per withdrawal. 

Thanks for your detail answer.

Adding more details, I am often using wire transfer to get my payment as I think it is the best option. The cost of $30 per withdrawal is only for transferring the money from Upwork to the bank, and it usually cost a little bit more extra from $6-10 because the bank told me it for a remittance fee.

I do not have USD debit card but I am still able to get the money from Upwork using wire transfer using my Indonesian rupiah account so far. So the bank get my payment in USD and then turn it into IDR with the current exchange as soon as they get it, then put it in my account in IDR. I have tried wire transferring my payment from $1000 to $6000 and the cost remind the same.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members