Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get paid?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
21 of 49

Hi Carina,

To check the status of your payment, please go to your account > select the Reports tab > Overview and you'll see the funds under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details in your Transaction History. Once they become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds. 

Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this Help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nitishsharma25
Nitish S Member Since: May 3, 2019
22 of 49

Hi Goran,

I want to confirm if the client presses the Pay Now button to pay for the milestone then after how much time the payment will be reflected in my account. And in this time, Is it possible for client to stop the payment or within the 5 day security period as well. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
23 of 49

Hi Nitish,

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. For more information, please check out this article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ijeoma-okechukwu
Ijeoma O Member Since: May 3, 2019
24 of 49
I just got my first job done, And my client approves payment, how long will it take to appear on my earnings? On my Upwork account.
Upwork has sent me receipt payment, but I have seen the money on my earnings. How long does it take?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
25 of 49

Hi Ijeoma,

I checked, and it seems like you are referring to a Fixed-Price contract. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
denis_kapesa
Denis K Member Since: Aug 24, 2019
26 of 49

I entered my payment method in the uk for a bank transfer and after 3 days the payment is still inactive. What shall I do?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
27 of 49

Hi Denis,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, go to your Settings > Tax Information and complete your W-8BEN form on that page. Check out this help article for more details.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
thalgiganan
Nathalia Y Member Since: Jul 17, 2019
28 of 49
Why is it need to wait one week before my salary goes directly in my bank account.
jadegonzales3089
Jade G Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
29 of 49

The client already paid my project contract with here even though I did not submit the billing invoice to her. Is this okay? But I just did the billing to her right after she paid me.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
30 of 49

Hi Jade,

When a client hires and pays a freelancer on Upwork the payment is first released to the freelancer's Upwork account. Then the freelancer can withdraw their earnings to their chosen withdrawal method. That said, the contract is still made between the client and the freelancer and the invoice is sent to the client on the freelancer's behalf. Here is a help article for reference.

Since the milestone is funded in escrow, the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS