cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get paid?

uluhonolulu
Artem S Member Since: May 11, 2018
31 of 49

I clicked "get paid now" on the 10th, when I received an email on the 11th, saying, Expected date of delivery: 16th. Yes, 12th is Saturday and 13th is Sunday, but why do I have to wait till the 16th for the payment to be sent?

Or do they imply that they have sent the money already, and the 5 days are required for the money to get to my bank?

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
32 of 49

Hi Artem,

I've checked and your withdrawal was successful from our end, so the payment has already been initiated. The timing you're referring to pertains to the number of times it takes for the funds to make it into your bank account. Usually it can take up to 4 business days and can be delayed by holidays in the U.S or in your country.

~Nina
pyrojeanspeaks
Ma Jean B Member Since: May 9, 2018
33 of 49
I havent received any payment process confirmation email and its been 2 days already
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 49

@Ma Jean B wrote:
I havent received any payment process confirmation email and its been 2 days already

In that case you withdrew to a bank account during the weekend, and withdrawals to bank accounts are not processed at weekends.

sannusingh1308
Sannu S Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
35 of 49

I am a freelancer from India. In my case it took exactly 7 days after I initiated the payment on upwork.

aafreenshahab
Aafreen S Member Since: Feb 11, 2021
36 of 49

Can anyone tell me. What If client wants to approve payment request right after they accepts the contract. Can it cause any issue? Or there should be some delay in accepting contract and approving payment request. My some clients trust me and wants to approve payment request right after they accept the contract.

And can we use our upwork account only for direct contracts?

Is there any limit to withdraw payment twice or thrice in a day?

marciechep
Mercy B Member Since: Jun 20, 2018
37 of 49
What does it mean when you say the 5 day security period?

My payments was approved after I submitted work 2 days ago but it still hasn't reflected on my account.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
38 of 49

Hi Mercy,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
marciechep
Mercy B Member Since: Jun 20, 2018
39 of 49

Many thanks,

The article did help expound..

Cheers!

bukyyy
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
40 of 49
I get my money in my bank account within 30 mins after payment initiation.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS