cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Account

Rachelle S Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
1 of 2,570
I can't find where I can delete my account and the FAQ is useless on this matter. Can someone please post a link?
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
2 of 2,570

Hi Rachelle,

If you wish to close your account, you may go to your User Settings (gear icon at the right top) followed by Contact Info, there you will get "Close My Account" link at the right bottom of Account section.

Be noted that once you close your account you may not be able to create another account as it's against ToS of oDesk and results in Policy Violation.

Best,

Manish.

Kyra S Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
3 of 2,570

I only want to delete my account because I clicked sign up, made an account, and then realized it filed me under client and I am a freelancer, and cannot figure out where I can go to switch the type of account. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 2,570

Hi Kyra,

You don't need to delete your account. You can add a freelancer profile to your existing account. In order to do it, please follow these steps:

1. Click the round picture in the upper right corner, choose Settings, and then click My Info.
  2. Click the Create a New Account link at the bottom.
  3. Select New Freelancer Account.
  4. Once set up, you can switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer by clicking on the round picture.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Eline P Member Since: May 1, 2016
5 of 2,570

Hello,

I am trying to delete my account but there seems no way to do so. Indeed every time I click on "settings" it send me on the page to fill in the profile details (foto, expereince ect..).. as far as it doesn't work properly.. I am unable to finish the process and go through the page where you ask for the foto etc.. Please let me know how to delete the account.

Regards,

EP

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 2,570

Hi Eline,

Sorry about the confusion. Your account has been closed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Addou I Member Since: May 4, 2016
7 of 2,570

Hi Valeria,

I have the same problem, I really cannot delete my account. Can you help me please?
Thanks a lot

Ashwin K Member Since: Jan 10, 2017
8 of 2,570

Hi Valeria,

I have the same problem, I really cannot delete my account. Can you help me please?
Thanks a lot

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 2,570

Hi Ashwin,

I can confirm your account is now closed.

James Reido P Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
10 of 2,570

Hi,

can you also delete my account? i cannot seem to find a way to do it myself.

Thank you in advance!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS