🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to add manual time correctly when the wee...
Page options
i_poghosyan
Community Member

How to add manual time correctly when the weekly time limit is exceeded?

Dear Upwork gurus! How can I check manual time added to tracked this week? I have time limit of 20 hrs per week. Last week I worked 10:20 hrs more than my limit and my client agreed to pay it. When I tried to add it on Sunday evening as manual time, the system didn't let me do that. So I added manually 5 hrs on Monday and 5:20 hrs on Tuesday and continued to track my actual time with time tracker. My time weekly time has reached its limit of 20 hrs and so I kept adding my actual worked time as manual time. Now my tracker shows 35:20 worked our hrs which is not true as I still hasn't worked actual 20 hrs this week. Can you please help me to correct my time sheet? Also can you please advise if my client needs additional actions for paying my manual time?
I hope the text above makes sense. Let me know, if not.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Kind regards,
Irina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you exceeded the client's set weekly limit for time logged on your contract you will not be automatically paid for this time over the weekly limit. 

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the overtime you logged during the previous week. Then, you can delete the manually added time for this week and continue tracking your time as usual.

Also, you can discuss increasing the weekly limit with your client.

Please take note that both overtime and manual time are not covered by the Upwork Payment Protection Program for Hourly contract.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

When the weekly time limit has been exceeded, then you add manual time in exactly the same way as you normally add manual time.

Similarly: When the weekly time-limit has been exceeded, you log deskopt application-tracked time in exactly the same way as you normally log desktop application-tracked time.

Either way, the time shows up in the work diary, and you do not get for it that time.

What freelancers are SUPPOSED to do when the weekly time limit has been exceeded is:

a) stop working until the next week

[or]

b) talk to the client and ask her to raise the weekly time limit if she wants us to continue working this week.

You are also ALLOWED to:

c) continue working, without getting paid.

But we don't recommend that last option.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you exceeded the client's set weekly limit for time logged on your contract you will not be automatically paid for this time over the weekly limit. 

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the overtime you logged during the previous week. Then, you can delete the manually added time for this week and continue tracking your time as usual.

Also, you can discuss increasing the weekly limit with your client.

Please take note that both overtime and manual time are not covered by the Upwork Payment Protection Program for Hourly contract.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members