🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to cancel a catalog project in 24 hours
Page options
Tuba E Community Member

How to cancel a catalog project in 24 hours

Hello everyone,

I have a catalog project and I’m a little bit confused. When a client buys a project, can the freelancer reject it in 24 hours? A client just bought my project and already sent the requirements while I was sleeping, and I don’t see any options to reject it. (It is also a 1 day delivery contract so it says the project is due in 18 hours already. (I am definitely going to change that for the future projects)

I don’t plan to reject this one but still I’d like to know if that option exists.

4 REPLIES 4
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Tuba,

Thank you for your message. You can cancel any project within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without impact to your JSS. To cancel the order, click the option (3 dots) menu button on the Project contract page and click 'Cancel order'. To learn more about how Project Catalog works, visit our guide here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Tuba E Community Member

Thank you, Pradeep. I checked the dots and clicked cancel, but it asked me to give feedback and explain why I ended the contract. It feels more like I am cancelling an existing contract than canceling an order. I am in 24 hours. If I give feedback and cancel the contract, will it not affect my JSS?

Tom Z Community Member

Tuba E wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a catalog project and I’m a little bit confused. When a client buys a project, can the freelancer reject it in 24 hours? A client just bought my project and already sent the requirements while I was sleeping, and I don’t see any options to reject it. (It is also a 1 day delivery contract so it says the project is due in 18 hours already. (I am definitely going to change that for the future projects)

I don’t plan to reject this one but still I’d like to know if that option exists.

What was your setting for "days in advance"? They have a bug at least with my profile - I set to at least 2 days in advance, so I don't run into situation like yours. But I've had multiple orders that was able to be booked literally under 24 hours so I can't reschedule or cancel. Support tells me my case is more complicated, but you might want to check that out.

Tuba E Community Member

Hello Tom!

Oh, I have no idea about the ‘days in advance’ option. I’ll check it out. Thank you. I just changed one-day delivery to 2 days. I also limited how many orders I can receive at a time. I hope things work out for you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members