🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to cancel the hourly refund asked by a cl...
Page options
saif_iqbalkhan
Community Member

How to cancel the hourly refund asked by a client

I recently worked with a client who was very happy initially but 1 week ago his work was completed and he also gave me 5 star on my work, recently he took my work to some other freelancer, who told him that the file is not in a good condition and he will have to create a new one ( which is not the case, the file is proper ) and now convinced by the other freelancers statement he is asking for a refund. Since I am new over here can some one please help in getting answers to these following questions.

1 - His amount is already now in the upworks "Pending" amount section, does that mean that there is no way for a client to get his refund even if he disputes on upwork ?

2 - I am not able to see "cancel refund button". I am only able to see "give refund" and "cancel" button please can I know where is cancel refund button.

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Saif,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your questions. I understand that you are new to Upwork and may not be familiar with the process. Regarding your questions, I can confirm that the only way for the client to receive a refund is if you accept the refund request. 

You have the right to reject the refund request if you believe that your work meets the requirements and expectations of the client. You should communicate your reasons for doing so clearly and politely to the client. There is no 'Cancel Refund button'  and no action should be taken on the Refund request sent by the client if you do not wish to give a refund. However, the client may choose to escalate the matter to a dispute if they are not satisfied with your response and deliverable. You should be prepared to provide evidence and arguments to support your case in the event of a dispute. Feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members